Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Possible Alternator Whine/Ground Noise Problem, HELP APPRECIATED!!!

95BLKSS is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Possible Alternator Whine/Ground Noise Problem, HELP APPRECIATED!!!

So this is my set-up
    Pioneer Avic N3
    2 MB Quart DSC 480 and 1 MB Quart DSC 2000
    6.5 powerbass comp in doors
    Eclipse 6x9 rear deck
    2 10" Alpine Type X
    3 20ft Phoenix Gold RCAs
    C&D UPS 270 FR under hood
    DEKA 8a31 in TRUNK
    I have 1/0 RF power wire and 2/0 welding wire ground from from front batt to trunk batt

I just recently installed everything and I've been having problems... I'm getting loud ground noise with car off and on. I was testing system and rear speakers wouldn't get loud until my volume hit 35 and alternator/ground noise was present and stayed all the while I was increasing volume. I have 1/0 from rear batt to dsc 2000 and 1/0 from rear batt to dist block to the 2 dsc 480s. Also, I have 1/0 ground from rear batt to dsc 2000 and 1/0 ground from rear batt to dist block to 2 dsc 480s. Also, I'm not sure if I may have incorrectly connected my Alpine type Xs (I'll have to check tonight) but, I was getting a weird noise and I wouldn't be surprised if I damaged them.

Anyone with experience have any advice? My front battery is grounded directly to chassis with 2/0 welding wire I believe and is routed all the way to rear batt (I have a 95 impala, long car) and all amps are grounded to rear battery.

Following questions: should I ground my amps separate instead of grounding them to rear battery or should I ground my battery directy to chassis in the rear? Should I leave everything as is and put in my spare Kenwood deck to see if might be the Pioneer Avic N3?

I'm thinking of switching out my deck first to see what happens first and then if the noise is still there, grounding amps to rear seatbelt bolt. I'm going to have to check my Type X subs as I may have inadvertently power/negative wire in opposite terminals on one of the subs. It's hard to tell what I got going on right now. Any input really appreciated thanks.

95BLKSS is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Possible Alternator Whine/Ground Noise Problem, HELP APPRECIATED!!!

Also, I'm going to switch the rca's to other side of car. Straight newbie move by having them on same side of power/ground wires (even though the power/ground 1/0 is run under car through frame). I'll see if changing that works first in conjunction with changing out headunit.

Closed Thread