Doing my first install -- an Alpine INA-W900BT into a 2004 Tacoma. A fairly basic installation, but since it's my first, I'd like to ask a few questions to ensure I have it right before cutting, crimping or soldering anything:
- I bought the unit from Crutchfield -- the (generic) installation instructions say I may need to wire my unit into the vehicle's speed sensor to get accurate GPS, but I don't see any wire on the Alpine to tap into the speed sensor. Am I overlooking it or is it not necessary?
- There are some cables that I don't think I need: REMOTE OUT, REMOTE IN, M. CONT. I think those are for peripherals (I have none). Is this correct?
- What is GUIDE CONT. for and do I need to do anything with it?
- In the same area as all of these wires (remote out/in, m. cont., guide cont) there is also a thicker black wire that appears to be an AUX input. Is it, in fact, an AUX input? (the manual doesn't say anything about it)
- I'm also wiring in a PAC TR7 because I don't want to cut into my brake wiring at all. It says to wire the green wire on the TR7 to the Alpine Remote Out. I think this is the blue/white wire that Alpine calls "Remote Turn On". Can anyone verify?
Sorry if these are basic questions -- I'd rather make sure I have it right before doing irreversible damage.