Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

marquisbrah is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

I strapped 2 kx 1200. Amps and wired two 15 l7s. When i crank up the volume past 40, the bass is not continious anymore, but it just produces it at multiple points. Like bursts of bass instead of a continous bass like it plays it at a lower volume. What is thw cause? My lights inside dim ALOT when these bursts happen. And when these bursts happen, the power protection flashes for a second when the bass is stopping. Is there any problem? I assume its the electrical system

Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

Sounds like your voltage is plummeting.

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:
    Sounds good.

3. Thanks BrownVanMan thanked for this post
    Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

this is exactly why i said when you first started posting that you need to upgrade your electrical.

now that you realize i was right..

youll need to do the big 3 in 1/0 and put at least 1 (2 would be better) group 31 batteries back by the amps to keep them happy, and depending on the factory alt a high output would be a very good idea.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

didnt we go thru this already? nothing against the OP but how many threads have been started for the exact same thing?

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

LOL he was told like 3000000000000 times to upgrade his elect by 1000's of people. Happy u didnt smoke them though.

I bet the inside of that alt tuned black instantly LOL

RIP Maynard "My heart"

HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disturbed471985 View Post
    LOL he was told like 3000000000000 times to upgrade his elect by 1000's of people. Happy u didnt smoke them though.

I bet the inside of that alt tuned black instantly LOL
    I hate to say it, but at this point after so many people have already advised him on how to upgrade the electrical, if he did blow it then its own dam fault. sorry to be so blunt about it

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Stryker is offline 1996 Thunderbird BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you're in over your head on this. You simply cannot dump 2 big amps in your ride and think they will work with no issues if you have not covered all the areas.
    Electrical being a very important one. Get your wallet ready cause what you've spent on audio gear will now be matched in electrical accessory's. I have a buddy like you and he's constantly blowing amps and speakers and on and on....he wonders these things are happening. Search is your friend, there is plenty of info on the interweb for people just like you. how many threads do you have goin?

Clarion DRZ955MC
    2-1200.1 Phoenix Gold RSd's
    500.4 Phoenix Gold RSd
    6.5" Phoenix Gold RSd comp's
    Kicker c6.5a subs in doors
    Phoenix Gold (2)215iX EQ's
    Phoenix Gold Bass CUBE
    2-DD3512e's in 4.7 cubes @34Hz
    270 Mechman Alt. 3 optima's
    Subs facing forward completely sealed off from trunk

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I think you're in over your head on this. You simply cannot dump 2 big amps in your ride and think they will work with no issues if you have not covered all the areas.
    Electrical being a very important one. Get your wallet ready cause what you've spent on audio gear will now be matched in electrical accessory's. I have a buddy like you and he's constantly blowing amps and speakers and on and on....he wonders these things are happening. Search is your friend, there is plenty of info on the interweb for people just like you. how many threads do you have goin?
    thats a riveting tale chap, do you have time to tell it again?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
    this is exactly why i said when you first started posting that you need to upgrade your electrical.

youll need to do the big 3 in 1/0 and put at least 1 (2 would be better) group 31 batteries back by the amps to keep them happy, and depending on the factory alt a high output would be a very good idea.
    ok so lets say i get the battery, and do the wiring, would that solve my issue?
    im trying to read the big 3 sticky, but the pics arent viewable, so i assume i need another battery,connect to alternator, replace wire from battery under hood (both alt wire and ground) and thats it? im still reading the sticky, but since i cant see pics, im making sure i get this right

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marquisbrah View Post
    thats a riveting tale chap, do you have time to tell it again?
    what's even more amusing is how absolutely ignorant you are. our advice stops here.

12. Thanks Phoenix Risen thanked for this post
    akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

first thing you need to do, as in right now, not sometime this week, unstrap the amps, and wire one to each sub. keep the ohms high enough that it stops killing your electrical. if it drops to 12 and under, you are frying something in your car. then, you have some time to learn the big 3, figure what you need to buy, and maybe enough time to save up for a 250a alt or better.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

14. Thanks marquisbrah thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    first thing you need to do, as in right now, not sometime this week, unstrap the amps, and wire one to each sub. keep the ohms high enough that it stops killing your electrical. if it drops to 12 and under, you are frying something in your car. then, you have some time to learn the big 3, figure what you need to buy, and maybe enough time to save up for a 250a alt or better.
    ok, would you recommend running the rca to the second amp through the output on the first, or from the HU using y's? ill undo the strapping and unbridge the subs to do each individually. after i do this, will the sound quality change? by that i mean, will it be less loud, the same, or more as compared to having them strapped?

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

By unstrapping and raising ohms seen by each amp, you will have less power....so it will be less loud.

The reason they call it the big 3 is cause you are replacing 3 cables. (engine-frame) (alt-batt) (batt-frame)

You will probably need a high output alternator, and another batt.

This is all I will say until you lose your retarded attitude, and maybe start listening to the people here. If you blow any of your shiat up I really do not feel the least bit sorry for you. Have a nice day.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have a LOT of 4gauge wire around the house. would that cover the wires i need to replace? just wonderin

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post

I'm running the exact same amps, there is no question a high output alt is in order. Your stock will never keep your batteries alive.

Stupid Loud.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast