Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

marquisbrah is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

o rly? ****
    well i unwired my subs a while ago, at least until i get everything in working order.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

for those unaware, i have a 00 grand marquis with stock alt.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

well, in simple math, yes, wiring the ohms up means less power, but does not mean that you will see less output. because you can only feed it x amount of current, andything you try to draw above that, you loose more voltage than you gain in current, and efficiency goes down. so, you may be able to push a louder, cleaner signal where you don't see the clipping and distortion. real-world example- my friend had 2 1200d's powering 13w6's. he only ever played it to the point that the stock 160a alt and optima drug down. one day he accidentally knocked one remote wire off, and realized it was louder. run the rcas from the out of the first amp, to the in of the 2nd....... another mean-time option is to just use one amp long story short, ohms change relieved the voltage drop, raised efficiency, and volume. true, if you could actually feed the amps full power, then you could re-strap, and get full power. you can double, or even triple the 4awg and that could work for your runs, but remember to stick to the amp rating of the wire/distance... you can google it to get the chart. oh, and running one amp is always an option

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

upgrade ur alt plain and simple...then worry about the big 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

240 AMP HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR FORD LINCOLN MERCURY | eBay buy this and stop repeating ur shiit over and over already

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    well, in simple math, yes, wiring the ohms up means less power, but does not mean that you will see less output. because you can only feed it x amount of current, andything you try to draw above that, you loose more voltage than you gain in current, and efficiency goes down. so, you may be able to push a louder, cleaner signal where you don't see the clipping and distortion. real-world example- my friend had 2 1200d's powering 13w6's. he only ever played it to the point that the stock 160a alt and optima drug down. one day he accidentally knocked one remote wire off, and realized it was louder. run the rcas from the out of the first amp, to the in of the 2nd....... another mean-time option is to just use one amp long story short, ohms change relieved the voltage drop, raised efficiency, and volume. true, if you could actually feed the amps full power, then you could re-strap, and get full power. you can double, or even triple the 4awg and that could work for your runs, but remember to stick to the amp rating of the wire/distance... you can google it to get the chart. oh, and running one amp is always an option
    well about 6 months ago i had both l7s wired to 1 amp and the same problem was going on. i undid the wiring for one sub and was only using one sub with the amp. the problem banished. now that i got the second amp and strapped them with both subs, it skips. so ill give it a try. im gonna run a 2nd rca from one amp to the other and wire the subs individually. ill report back. thanks. so if i decided to go full power, i should go with the second battery right? along with the big 3

disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Ok one more time.. It does not matter if you strap your amps or run them independent of each other you DO NOT have the electrical to keep up with the amps draw. If you had the same problem when you had just 1 amp hooked up what made you think running two would be a good idea? Here is what you need (this is not stuff you may need) at least 2 group 31 batts and do the big three. After that is done hook everything back up bust out the volt meter and see what your voltage is dropping to. If voltage drops below 13volts at any time you will now have to invest in a upgraded alt. Bare min would be something that does at least 180amps at idle but bigger would be better. Like many have said you better have a fat wallet because you have at least $400-$500 in just batts and wire to buy. Now if voltage is still too low once that’s done its time to get a alt which will run you a good $300-$400 plus install. Or you can keep doing what you’re doing and smoke your amp makes me no difference.

Either take the advice you have been given 1 billion times or go ahead and contact this guy cause you are soon to have what he is looking for- WTB Blown Class D Amps

RIP Maynard "My heart"

HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

8. Thanks Phoenix Risen thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

K thnx

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eL_wEEnIe View Post
    this is how i feel.

im just wondering how long til he fries the car. i've lost all hope for this guy

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    this is how i feel.

im just wondering how long til he fries the car. i've lost all hope for this guy
    Took me two years to stop the denial that I needed an alternator. I just kept throwing bigger and bigger batts at it until I gave up. Fixed my problem instantly.

Stupid Loud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill look into it when i get $$$. For now everything is unwired.

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    Took me two years to stop the denial that I needed an alternator. I just kept throwing bigger and bigger batts at it until I gave up. Fixed my problem instantly.
    first thing when i switched from a 4ohm load ti a 2ohm load on my kx i bought an alt right after i bought my spair cone. and then bought a crapload of wire to prepare for all this so i wouldnt have to worry about anything shutting off on me. guess it helps to plan ahead and not be ignorant to advice people have given

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    sad thing is i sent him a fuckiin link to a high ouput alt for his car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marquisbrah View Post
    well about 6 months ago i had both l7s wired to 1 amp and the same problem was going on. i undid the wiring for one sub and was only using one sub with the amp. the problem banished. now that i got the second amp and strapped them with both subs, it skips. so ill give it a try. im gonna run a 2nd rca from one amp to the other and wire the subs individually. ill report back. thanks. so if i decided to go full power, i should go with the second battery right? along with the big 3
    u dont seem to get wtf were trying to tell u.....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast