Closed Thread

Reload Thread: LOC Gain Settings? Help!

northkcracer is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOC Gain Settings? Help!

Why is is that my line output converter has a Left and Right gain setting that both affect both subs. The closer the settings are to the same position, the less output I get. For example if I had both at a 7 O'Clock position I get no output. But when I have one at 6 oclock and one at 10 oclock position, I get good output from both subs. By the way, the LOC has no gain instructions or markings as to what position is what voltage, but it says it goes 0 to 1200 mV.

And on a side note, I seem to remember having them both set at 8 o clock with a good output of both subs that I liked, whereas now the farther they are the louder. Weird. Today I opened my trunk due to noticing less output, and both of the gain settings had squirmed to the 12 o clock position?

outsideshot23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: LOC Gain Settings? Help!

I didnt read cuz im lazy but i usually turn them up about 3/4 then use the amp settings myself to tune

First hair trick... more to come -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfADio5CjQ

158.1@44hz usaci
    155.5 @44hz Usaci Streatbeat
    154.7@44hz MECA
    130.4@44hz MECA Driveby

Team XS power
    Team SecondSkin

northkcracer is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by outsideshot23 View Post
    I didnt read cuz im lazy but i usually turn them up about 3/4 then use the amp settings myself to tune
    Not at all close to what I was needing to know.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

go buy a new one, unless there was a little gremlin messin with them, lol. money is that the adjustment pots are shot. when you put the new one in, set to 3/4 as a start, then tweak the amp first. turn them down a tad if you run into poor sq from the subs. best way to tell non that is having the gain down on the amp, and play the hu at higher, non- distorting volume and listen to the sub(s) and make sure they are playing clean. leave and mark that setting, and adjust the amp to desired level.

Closed Thread