Closed Thread

Reload Thread: HELP!! no output from NEW concept amp

bobo244 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HELP!! no output from NEW concept amp

i just got a new concept cc-d2400a 2400w amp. I also got 0 gauge wire but havent got the fuse for it yet. I ran the 0 gauge ground and power but with no fuse on the power wire because i only wanted to test it out and i thought that the inline fuse on the power wire was just to protect the wire from fire.. The amp has 4 40a fuses on it. I screwed in the 0 gauge ground to the amp and then put in the 0 gauge power and it sparked like normal and then a small amount of smoke came out of the amp and i smelled like something burnt. I was like **** and pulled it out right away it was only in for half a second. I already had 4 gauge with a fuse on it ran so i plugged that into the amp with the 0 gauge ground (does that matter that the ground it bigger than the power). Then turned on the car and the amp came on. The backlight came on, the fan came on, put i got no output to my subs. I know that my subs are wired correctly and i have a decent ground. The green "POW" LED on the side of the amp does not turn on and the when i plug in the remote gain control, that LED does not come on either, but the backlight and the fan does.

SORRY SO LONG BUT CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!

ps - i checked the fuses and they are fine. I am not a expert in car audio but i am not a novice either, i thought that i would plug in the power with with no fuse just to test it out at low volumes, but i guess i didnt know that it would ruin my brand new amp.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: HELP!! no output from NEW concept amp

also, does anyone know how to bridge this amp? It only gives power ratings for 1 channel http://www.concept-intl.net/proddeta...Line=Amplifier.

But the amp has 2 channels for speakers like this:

+ - - +

The manual does say how to bridge this amp. (all the + and - are circled). Where should i plug in the speaker wires for 1 channel?

djjdnap is offline FreakyFreaks ofall Freaks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

um that would mean its a mono amp but still gives you the oppurtunity to hook up two subs, basically its already bridged, so as long as you hook it up + to - it will still see tha same ohm load.

KArAudio.COM

OMGROFLHI2ULOLLERZTITSHAHAHAHASEALEDMTWTFSTFUKTHXB YENO0B
    -Nick

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks... but does anyone know if i blew the amp or not?... Why am i getting it to turn on and the fan and light going but no output???? Thanks

pt123 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You might have fried certain parts of your amp. There should be no smoke coming out of anything. You might want to bring it to a local shop to have them check. If you ever wire it up like that again, make sure you disconnect the negative terminal on your battery first.

forbidden is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smoke = smelly amp = burned circuit. Yes the amp may still turn on but it may not work. For us in Canada Concept has over the counter exchange warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer, like me. Take the amp back to where you got it from. The amp is a mono sub amp and cannot be bridged. They give you two sets of outputs to make connecting multiple subs an easier task. This is a nice amp, I have a customer who uses one in a Ford Ranger xtrab cab running 3 Concept EX12 subs in a dual slot loaded coupled chamber. It has not missed a beat in 2 years.

Yeah, whatever

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the amp is fried internally? I bought it off a company off EBAY so if there is a cheap way to get it fixed locally i would rather do that than to deal with the ebay ****. If i can get it fixed for under 50 bucks locally i will do that. How much do u think it will be? Will it really be 180 cuz then i will just ship it back.
    Thanks for the help.

Closed Thread