Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Bass Blockers necessary?

HeNry2cOoL is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Bass Blockers necessary?

When i got my headunit installed at Best Buy they also installed bass blockers in, which they didn't tell me. Since i do have stock speakers in my car and yes i do know they are pos. But it's really lackin on the bass and especially really low bass. I used to get more stronger bass when i had my discman/tape adapter setup on my old stock tape deck before i got my headunit installed. So i'm thinkin whether or not i should remove the bass blockers. I understand that i can run a risk blowing the speakers if the bass gets too strong or to a certain range that my speakers can't handle, but i can always turn down the bass on my headunit.. am i right? And i would've had better use out of the bass blockers if i had some subs, but in my situation i don't and i want a little more bass out of my speakers. So should i remove the bass blockers? Thanks.

[oops my bad, i should've posted this in the Subwoofers and Speakers forum]
    Last edited by HeNry2cOoL; 04-17-2002 at 02:17 AM.

SAVAGE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i had a friend that this happened to. they just kinda slipped them in with out telling him. he had them put in the head unit then he went out and bought speakers to replace all his factory ones. after all the replacements were in we both noticed it sounded like crapola. the highs were nice, but there was no bottom end at all. ( he has an old altima, 6*8 in front and 6.5 in back) i went over to his place and looked at the way best buy put in the hu and saw the blockers. after i cliped them and rewired, the car sounded soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. (until the doors started rattleing) (dang nissans) i understand the use of blockers if u need to restrict the freq. running to speakers, but when u have full range spkrs. (2,3,4 way) you really dont need them. just tune them in using your HU, equalizer, cross over... just listin to your system, adjust it to meet your needs, an replace your factory spkrs.

hope this helps.

1"tweets and 8"kenwoods up front 5.25" in rear arm rest and 2-12" kicker comps sealed in back.

http://www.carforums.net

budgetSQ is offline Basshead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, you want some bass, but you defently want to block low frequencies. will sound like crap if u dont

-(1) Clarion 725
    -(2) Diamond M371i
    -(1) Diamond MacDaddy 12" UNIQUE (long throw) in a ported box
    -(1) 400w 4ch Crunch Drive Bridged
    -(1) 600w 2ch Crunch Drive Bridged

joe_nigga is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im with budgethq ...
    if you get rid of the cap's it's more than likely the sound will be too much for those little buggers....distortion and rattling is way worse than less bass. Get a cheap 8" sub if you want a little more bass. An amp and 8" could run as little as $150.

good luck

Closed Thread