Closed Thread

Reload Thread: battery draining fast

seanabell86 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

battery draining fast

Ok so Saturday night I hooked up a system(HU 2 amps 1 sub and speakers) in my 04 eclipse which I recently purchased. Because of the infinity sound system it came with and having the stock amp I could not get sound hooking it up like I normally do. So I decided to just buy a second amp for speakers( couldn't just hook it up with my first amp because I could not adjust sub where I wanted without comprimising the sound of the speakers.) I ran a 4 gauge power from the battery into distrib. block which split two 8s. And than 2 seperate grounds and ran the rem wire to one amp and sistered it to the other. So I got it hooked up and it sounded good and I drove the car for about 20 mins and than my battery and brake light came on and my car ended up dying. Than I just hooked up one amp and the speakers and no sub and it still drains just as fast.After sitting it would regain power enough to use lights and flashers but wouldn't start. So than I got the car home and unhooked the system and tried disconnecting one thing at a time but I can not figure this out. Any help would be greatly apprietiatd the car runs fine now but as soon as I hook it back up the lights come on right away and will drain battery completly if I don't unhook it. Thanks for the help!

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: battery draining fast

Loose battery ground???

Silently stalking you through glass....

seanabell86 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did not check that but could that be the cause? And is it ok if I have a rem wire sistered from one amp to the other?

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The remote wire is fine. Is the remote wired to turn on and off with the car?

And yes, a loose battery ground can give you problems.
    I would also go have both battery and your alt tested just to be sure.

Silently stalking you through glass....

Booty & Beats is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would try putting a capacitator or a larger alt. or bat. and make suer all your pos are conected to pos and are not touching any grounds

SmartAsss is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jezus, if you have no idea what your talking about, please do not try to help people.

disconnect your system, make sure the original factory wires are clean and connected to your battery.
    Sound exactly like a dead alternator (or one that is not connected at all), charge your battery asap or it will be completely damaged too, its already been damaged with such low drain.

post back here after you've done this.
    Last edited by SmartAsss; 02-21-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booty & Beats View Post
    i would try putting a capacitator or a larger alt. or bat. and make suer all your pos are conected to pos and are not touching any grounds
    idiot

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Closed Thread