Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: !PLEASE HELP! have 2 memphis 12's power ref. trying to wire to sony 1000/2

MeMpHiS12 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

!PLEASE HELP! have 2 memphis 12's power ref. trying to wire to sony 1000/2

It just wont work ive tried everything all kinds of diff. wiring please tell me what you think any suggestions please.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: !PLEASE HELP! have 2 memphis 12's power ref. trying to wire to sony 1000/2

haha, i was just thinking last night about tellin my wife i can't fix a simple "it's broke"...........so what i'm saying, is that we need more information. what have you tried? is the amp coming on, and not in protect? basically test your equipment. do the subs ohm out on each coil good? is the problem that you just don't have sound? if you don't have one, get a multi-meter and take some ohms and voltage readings......

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    haha, i was just thinking last night about tellin my wife i can't fix a simple "it's broke"...........so what i'm saying, is that we need more information. what have you tried? is the amp coming on, and not in protect? basically test your equipment. do the subs ohm out on each coil good? is the problem that you just don't have sound? if you don't have one, get a multi-meter and take some ohms and voltage readings......

Whats up man im blake i live in cabot and was looking for other car enthusiast in central arkansas to maybe start up a club so we could work together on builds and go to comps. together just hit me back and tell me what you think

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MeMpHiS12 View Post
    Whats up man im blake i live in cabot and was looking for other car enthusiast in central arkansas to maybe start up a club so we could work together on builds and go to comps. together just hit me back and tell me what you think
    um...what? This has nothing to do with your post or questions asked to you.

And if you didn't catch it, he is in AK not AR.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes i have tested the subs and they read 8 ohms and also tested all wireing ground and power there both good and had amp tested its good i have tried direct wireing like positive to pos. and neg to neg so idk what the problem is but they wont make any sound at all???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    um...what? This has nothing to do with your post or questions asked to you.

And if you didn't catch it, he is in AK not AR.

sorry man comp jacked up lol!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

do you have your remote wire and rca's hooked up?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do you have your remote wire and rca's hooked up?

yes i had a setup up before punch 45 amp with 2 punch p2's but the subs and box were stolen after they busted out my window so everything was hooked up and working from before i just bought these new subs today and cannot get them to play but i have checked both rca's and remote wire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

check to ensure you have a good ground and then double check your power wire. When things are stolen they don't care about your wires...so you may have a blown fuse under the hood in your power wire.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

check to ensure you have a good ground and then double check your power wire. When things are stolen they don't care about your wires...so you may have a blown fuse under the hood in your power wire.

i checked in line fuse under the hood and also fuses on amp both good ill check the ground when i get of work thanks any other suggestions lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

if you have a volt meter test your remote wire. If you don't try jumping your remote wire and power wire. A small remote can be stretched to the point were wires can/will break inside the coating.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you have a volt meter test your remote wire. If you don't try jumping your remote wire and power wire. A small remote can be stretched to the point were wires can/will break inside the coating.

thanks and what do you mean by jump remote/power wire never done that before lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

just take a small piece of wire and jump from the power wire to the remote wire on the amp. If your power wire and ground are good it should kick on. If it does turn on your stereo, if it does not play then your problem is RCAs, head unit rca output, or your subs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just take a small piece of wire and jump from the power wire to the remote wire on the amp. If your power wire and ground are good it should kick on. If it does turn on your stereo, if it does not play then your problem is RCAs, head unit rca output, or your subs.

i bought and put in new rca cables to day so i dont think thats the problem but my head unit is 7 years old so idk it could be that lol

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

could be. and, when you go to manually power on the amp, do so with and without the rca's connected, to eliminate it finding ground through the rcas. by the way, if the rcas were damaged when the system was stolen, and you let the deck play,. it is highly likely that the deck was damaged from them shorting. you can use an rca-to-3.5mm jack (headphone jack) cable and play the amp right off your phone, or other portable player. you can also measure for ac voltage out from the head unit rcas. should be in the mili-volts, but, could be up to 8v. how did you verify that both the amp and subs work good?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast