Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: !PLEASE HELP! have 2 memphis 12's power ref. trying to wire to sony 1000/2

MeMpHiS12 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: !PLEASE HELP! have 2 memphis 12's power ref. trying to wire to sony 1000/2

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    could be. and, when you go to manually power on the amp, do so with and without the rca's connected, to eliminate it finding ground through the rcas. by the way, if the rcas were damaged when the system was stolen, and you let the deck play,. it is highly likely that the deck was damaged from them shorting. you can use an rca-to-3.5mm jack (headphone jack) cable and play the amp right off your phone, or other portable player. you can also measure for ac voltage out from the head unit rcas. should be in the mili-volts, but, could be up to 8v. how did you verify that both the amp and subs work good?

I had them checked out at hi tech tinting and audio in jacksonville arkansas the tested both subs and amp with multi-meter or whatever its called and said they were both good and i have replaced the rca jacks?? still could use hints lol

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    it is highly likely that the deck was damaged from them shorting. you can use an rca-to-3.5mm jack (headphone jack) cable and play the amp right off your phone, or other portable player. good?
    this

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everybody for your help and tips got it goin this mornin rca jacks on head unit were bad jus moved them to another set on back of head unit it had 4 sets??? but 1 question still the set i had the cables on said sw beside them and all the other 3 just say l and r beside them do you have to have the amp hooked to the subwoofer jacks???

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

For all the controls to work proper,yes........ Otherwise, just use rear if sub is fried, and set the head unit without sub, then set the amp to filter, like normal.....
    Last edited by akheathen; 02-19-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: hu, not amp......

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont really understand lol sorry new to all this but thats probaly why my subs arent very loud like i know they should be??

pr-festiva is offline gots to get 150 with pr's

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

do you have your sub woofer output on the head unit turned on??

Looking for copper, aluminium or brass let me know i can get it

member of Team 808
    need TL metering in rochester, buffalo area pm me
    sold to,,TnT_sounds,soloxGT,WOT,Groundpound4200
    bought from,,peas247,astrolade,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pr-festiva View Post
    do you have your sub woofer output on the head unit turned on??

Subwoofer setting on head unit is on subwoofer volume is at 10 out of 15 the bass engine is at 6 out of 10?????

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2