Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What is the 16 pin config on a pioneer DEH-2200UB car stereo

pdho is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is the 16 pin config on a pioneer DEH-2200UB car stereo

I tried to install this stereo tonight and was able to get power but no sound. I am using an after market 16 pin wiring harness made for this stereo, I am also using male wiring harnesses to tap into the oem female harnesses on my vehicle. I was wondering if anyone knew what Pioneers 16 pin is configured to (in other words if you are looking at the back of the reciever what is the order of the pins--which ones control the speakers). Or is it something I am over looking all together???? I traced the Oem confige to the male harness and that looks good I just question the set up of the aftermarket 16 pin harness and whether it is configed correct. Any input would be great. Re installed OEM stereo and it works fine.
    Thanks
    Pete

trumpet is online now Supporting Vendor trumpet is a Supporting Member of the forum!

trumpet is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Re: What is the 16 pin config on a pioneer DEH-2200UB car stereo

Match the wire colors wherever possible. Use the manual as a reference. No luck finding pinout info. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...Manual0922.pdf
    Page 14

pdho is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What is the 16 pin config on a pioneer DEH-2200UB car stereo

I figured out my issue. I had to connect the power antenna (blue wire) from the vehicles harness to the amp(blue/white wire) from the stereos harness and I now have sound. I guess the 16 pin harness was configured correctly.

Closed Thread