Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 1998 grand prix amp and sub added to stock system using high end output jacks.

mstauffer is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1998 grand prix amp and sub added to stock system using high end output jacks.

I installed a sony explode amp with one 12 inch sub and we used the high end outputs instead of the rca cable because the stock stereo that has heads up display and steering wheel controls still works fine. Am I not understanding the high end output jacks pupose?

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1998 grand prix amp and sub added to stock system using high end output jacks.

What exactly is your issue? Sounds to me like you successfully connected some dope a$$ equipment to your stock head unit using high level inputs rather than the low level RCAs. Congrats. Enjoy it.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: 1998 grand prix amp and sub added to stock system using high end output jacks.

id love me a sony xplod

i will paypal you 550 bucks right now for that sub and amp

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it wont work. when we turn the gain down it hums loudly through sub otherwise the music comes through the sub but un amplified thanks any advise helps

whitedragon551 is online now Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mstauffer View Post
    it wont work. when we turn the gain down it hums loudly through sub otherwise the music comes through the sub but un amplified thanks any advise helps
    Thats due to the high quality equipment you purchased.

In all seriousness what are your amp settings?

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know. its a 1000 watt amp with a visonix 12" sub what settings ? i followed the directions this is the third one i have installed for the kids the other two worked fine but had rca jacks . i ran the pos and neg speaker wires from his rear 6 x 9s down into the high end out put we are just tryin to get some bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I dont know. its a 1000 watt amp with a visonix 12" sub what settings ? i followed the directions this is the third one i have installed for the kids the other two worked fine but had rca jacks . i ran the pos and neg speaker wires from his rear 6 x 9s down into the high end out put we are just tryin to get some bass
    throw a midget in the trunk

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

-01limited- is offline Where are my 72 virgins?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plugitin View Post
    throw a midget in the trunk
    two if you really want to get them lowsssss

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Mach 5 ixl 18.4
    7 cubes tuned to 34hz
    Hifonics Brutus 2k
    Knu Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Why?? You still haven't learned to eat my balls in the WTEMB section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

see, they fit

Team DC Audio

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Relay a message to the rest of your friends. Let them know I said not to trust you touching their ish. It's for their own safety as someone who doesn't even realize that amps have settings should not be touching anything dealing with electricity.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Wingsfreak9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plugitin View Post

see, they fit
    ****ing lol...

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_G6GT_Beatin View Post
    then your a D U M B A S S can you read that shi t
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Sold to: nom nom, Trever, Spooney, dkhage1, tghersh88

Bought from: MikeyF, Paaco1981, Thorshammer1, Sundownz, Ridinhi, Cl1ckclack, nom nom, profoundwill, vfrrider, El_Weenie, DBBOOM

grandam888 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think you need to start by posting amp model number, cause for all i know you wired you rear 6x9's into the B+ and ground. we need to see the amp your working with and the connections it has to help you.

if your amp doesnt have ANY type of harness to wire in the high input from the speakers, it should have been pretty straight forward.

you would be doing yourself a favor to buy a high output converter, and adding some rcas from the head unit.

Closed Thread