Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help!! Stereo not working anymore after unplugging. Alpine!! Look inside

TTOSteve is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Help!! Stereo not working anymore after unplugging. Alpine!! Look inside

So I bought a 2001 Dodge Ram that came with a nice setup. I was troubleshooting some other issues and disconnected the stereo from the truck. When I plugged it back in, nada, no workie! Its a Alpine CDA-9886. I have power all the way to the back of it. I have checked and rechecked every fuse and every connection. I have plugged in the factory amp, and unplugged it. I have tried all options including the reset button behind the faceplace.

Is there a code or button combo I am supposed to enter for security? Nothing is coming on. is it possible me unplugging it killed the stereo?

No tunes in Houston traffic means heavy stress. I need help triple ASAP.

Thanks!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help!! Stereo not working anymore after unplugging. Alpine!! Look inside

nobody? Did I post this in the wrong section?

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you check the fuse on the back of the radio? And you've checked all fuse boxes, whether they be inside the cab or the engine bay(sorry not familiar with dodges so I don't know where/how much fuse boxes they have)?

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes I did

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

did you check the pins in the plug to make sure they arnt bent/broke to where they are not making contact

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

SmokeyDog is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

did you check acc power? i have a dodge and i blew the acc fuse out of the blue. still to this day i never found that fuse. just ran a new acc

dont know what too much about alpine but i know there older ones need a code to press in. it makes it seem like theres no power to it.
    and i can not remember what i did but i was either pressing 2 buttons and hold or one and hold but you know you got it it will say code across the screen

2006 chrysler sebring
    2 American Bass 500.1
    2 18s walled off
    10xs power d3100s

160.6 sealed legal
    2011 New England SPL Competitor of the year
    2011 New England SPL Most improved pro
    2010 bass brawling 300 heavy weight champ
    2010 New England SPL most improved pro
    Team Soundstream

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

not sure on a alpine , but kenwoods have a reset button under or on the face. check that out.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, I have already pushed that as well.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will try re-running the acc wire from the fuse box and see what happens. I cant figure anything else out. I will re-check the pins as well.

thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright. So it is the 12 volt wire. I noticed my interior lights were not working either. Just the domes. Anyway, I ran a wire from the battery directly to the harness from truck to stereo. And it fixed the stereo and interior lights for some reason. The weird thing is if I cut the original wire away from the truck, and just run from battery to stereo. It doesnt work. I have to leave the original truck wire in the mix for some reason. I dont understand that.

Also, I am getting a ton of feedback in the front speakers as well. weird stuff. Now back to troubleshooting my original problem.

Can anyone tell me why I would have lost that 12v power wire somewhere? Why would it quit working just from an unplug? And why would it take out the dome lights?

-01limited- is offline Where are my 72 virgins?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Might be a nick in it somewhere and its grounding itself out?

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Mach 5 ixl 18.4
    7 cubes tuned to 34hz
    Hifonics Brutus 2k
    Knu Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Why?? You still haven't learned to eat my balls in the WTEMB section.

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

a friend of mine had a similar issue with a pt cruiser, i ended up having to run a new fused wire, bypassing both of the factory fuses in the car, it fixed the problem, but did the same thing, if i did not leave the factory wire hooked up it didnt work, never really figured out where the wire went bad,

watched it closely for a week or so to make sure it wasnt going to do any damage, has been that way for 4 months now and is still doing fine.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Closed Thread