Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: should i get a 3rd batt (1 stock - 1 kinetik 600 ) 2kw

MeMo2 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

should i get a 3rd batt (1 stock - 1 kinetik 600 ) 2kw

I have JBL Crown 2200.1 amp and i decided to get a kinetik Batt but because of the high shipping charges i couldn't get bigger than the Kinetik 600.
    For the moment its:
    VW R32
    ALT: 140A
    Stock Batt: 70Ah
    2nd Batt: Kinetik 600

2 feet between the stock and the kinetik which i perfect. Fused for sure.

So do u suggest getting another Regular automotive Batt and wire it to the Kinetik. Or i would be fine with this setup.

I don't want to blow either of my AMP,BATT

sexy is offline mind reader

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: should i get a 3rd batt (1 stock - 1 kinetik 600 ) 2kw

please read this SIGNAL TO NOISE: MAY/JUNE 2000 after you read that tell us what you are doing are you seting in the car with the engine off with the music on. where is your voltage at when listening to music?

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    please read this SIGNAL TO NOISE: MAY/JUNE 2000 after you read that tell us what you are doing are you seting in the car with the engine off with the music on. where is your voltage at when listening to music?
    Depends on what kind of battery they used in the tests which if they were water flooded batteries vs other types would make a difference, also back when that was written 1000 watt amps were huge now we have amps that are common 2 to 3 times more powerful and a huge amp is 5k to 12k watts.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

chode_d is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would suggest ditching the stock and getting a bigger battery to accompany the kinetic.

9515ROB is offline TEAM DTF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chode_d View Post
    i would suggest ditching the stock and getting a bigger battery to accompany the kinetic.
    no keep the stock for now and just get a big batt for the turnk

still have alot of stuff i need to invest in

880prs/Front-Hybrid Audio Technology Legatia L8 L3 L1v2 3-way/Sub- 3 blown MB Quart RLP-304 shallow mount 12s/Sub Amp- Visonik v2908/4ch- DD C4a

REFS: B:Louisiana_CRX, amartin_72, SPL KID, Bhhong, K_schutte, Fraze, hllywood29, Andrew_as,S:Jh8909 ,info,teenT:robertawdgsx

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

upgrading both batts would not be a bad idea, if you have a agm in the trunk and a lead acid up front the agm will eventually kill the lead acid. not to mention the batt that he has in the car now is only rated at 600. there are some factory electrical systems that can draw that much.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
    upgrading both batts would not be a bad idea, if you have a agm in the trunk and a lead acid up front the agm will eventually kill the lead acid. not to mention the batt that he has in the car now is only rated at 600. there are some factory electrical systems that can draw that much.
    i ran a stock battery under my hood for 3 years while having agm in the trunk and had no problems. But you are right upgrading both batts would be the best for your vehicle.

if you could fit a kinetik 1800 under the hood (or similar) and another 1800 or bigger in the trunk you will be good to go

880prs/Front-Hybrid Audio Technology Legatia L8 L3 L1v2 3-way/Sub- 3 blown MB Quart RLP-304 shallow mount 12s/Sub Amp- Visonik v2908/4ch- DD C4a

REFS: B:Louisiana_CRX, amartin_72, SPL KID, Bhhong, K_schutte, Fraze, hllywood29, Andrew_as,S:Jh8909 ,info,teenT:robertawdgsx

MeMo2 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

guys you did n't get the point. I can't order big batt, because it will cost me 400$ just for shipping it.
    I got a deal on the Kinetik 600 so i bought one. But it still not cheap. i got it for 200$ shipped.

So for now i can't get another AGM Batt. we don't have them here in Middle east.
    I think i should try my setup. then i can decide of should i add another Acid Batt.

Factory Batt in the Trunk ( VW Style )
    Kinetik 600 next to it, in the trunk.

will the kinetik hurt my Factory Acid batt.

sexy is offline mind reader

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i agree that some people are not understanding the thing is your woried that you dont have enough power for your setup i posted a link to help you understand that more batteries is going to make your problem worse it does not mater what type of batts you use or even how many. i am going to try one more time just for you ha ha your alt makes the power batts store power they dont make power. i have been doing this for a long time i have cars and vans that i drive to db drags meca and usaci events all over the east side of the country. lets talk about my van 12 batts in back two big amps for the subs those 12 batts only keep my voltage up at a safe level for thirty seconds with 2 deadicated alts runing at a fast pace. 10 12 or 20 batts does not make any diff after a minute of hard hiting. for a daily driver to keep voltage at a safe level you need an alt that does that for you. it does not matter how many batts you have ok
    i think battery companies are behind the whole buy more batteries idea that and a lot of kids that have been to a compitition and seen all the batts in the back of a comp car and did not understand that our comp cars will burp for 3 seconds or bass race for 30 seconds and we are out of voltage they think all those batteries are magic batteries that make thier own power not understanding that the power stored in batts goes down fast and it comes from alternators what i would do if i were you is get some way of watching your voltage level while playing music volt meters are cheap amps are not. another point is that an amp should make more power at 14.4 than at 12.2 volts some amps are power regulated so then it dont matter but you wont get 14.4 from a battery 14.4 comes from the alt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

^^^ true, but a larger batt in a daily system can often have the capacity to give your alt the chance to keep up with the system.

in my case the alt doesnt put out 14.4 until it is needed, by the time that 14.4 is needed my voltage on a smaller batt dropped to just below 12

once i put the deka 9a31 that i have now, that gives the extra small boost to keep me just below 14 while hitting at full tilt.

MeMo2 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THANKS ****, That was useful.
    I 've read many posts about Batt's and ALT. but for the first time i am going to mix AGM and Acid Batt.
    I was doing all Acid.
    this time i got a deal to get this Kinetik 600, and i bought it.

So i will install them both and check the Voltage . then we will see.
    I believe my ALT is good enogh for both of the Batt's.
    140A is not bad.

disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Memo give it a shoot you should be good with what you have. I currently have 2 walmart 55ah wet cells and a 115amp alt and going full tilt only drops me down to 13.8 never seen lower. Worst that can happen is volts are to low so you cut it off and then go buy bigger or more batts.

RIP Maynard "My heart"

HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

that 140a alt is well above the small case that is in my car, so you shouldnt have much of a problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disturbed471985 View Post
    Memo give it a shoot you should be good with what you have. I currently have 2 walmart 55ah wet cells and a 115amp alt and going full tilt only drops me down to 13.8 never seen lower. Worst that can happen is volts are to low so you cut it off and then go buy bigger or more batts.
    you need to put a dmm on your $hit because i have a hard time beliving with 2 55ah batts and a 115 amp alt which is tiny my stock was bigger than that you are only droping to 13.8 im gonna call BS on that 1

disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

9515 I can provide proof. Let me know if needed I can show u a dmm reading from the amp plus a voltmeter reading from the amp you choose and I will prove. Voltage does drop for a brief sec to 12.8 but overall for daily beating 13.8 is normal. I usually dnt dont 30sec 30hz sine waves. Plz excuse the ****** quality done on crap phone.

VID00002-20100926-1102.mp4 video by SpeilMitMir - Photobucket
    Last edited by disturbed471985; 09-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.

RIP Maynard "My heart"

HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast