Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: mechman 250amp alt and xs power d1400

150dbs is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mechman 250amp alt and xs power d1400

The alt is adjustable voltage and the battery is 14v. I know that there is no definite answer but do you guys think that this would be sufficient to power 3 amps? (saz 3000d a jl 500/5 and a jl e4300) Maybe make it two batteries? Better alt?(recommendation for 1 if so)

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
    Sony does ****, but there are a few select members who are roughly 40 years old, and like to talk **** to kids. I could name some, but whats the point? You can tell who they are by the way they come in correcting peoples spelling, and swinging their SQ weiner around.
    Refs: people i have bought from : worstenemy453 , Spy, El Weenie, Sundownz,
    Sold To : Beach22, Big D(ROE), Bud_Heavy, nom nom (stuff is shipping)

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: mechman 250amp alt and xs power d1400

to me that seems like a lot of amp for 1 batt. maybe get 2-3 deka 9a31s or something similar, that should be sufficient to power what your wanting to run.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

id like to stick to two batteries if possible. what you think of xs power 3100 or a 3400 (or 2) or some good deka's also the whole point of the d1400 was that its 14 volts

Sony does ****, but there are a few select members who are roughly 40 years old, and like to talk **** to kids. I could name some, but whats the point? You can tell who they are by the way they come in correcting peoples spelling, and swinging their SQ weiner around.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

or what about 2 d1400s

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

or what about 2 d1400s

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

You could just get 1 D3100, and you'd prolly be fine.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

unless your alt will put out 16 volts then you wont be able to charge a 14 volt battery and the d3100 should be enough, and if it proves not to be you can always add another

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The alt can charge the 14v battery but, I will prob scrap that idea since noone has recomended it and everyone seems to say just grab a good 12v battery. I'm gonna look into the xs power

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you are using an external regulator with the alt you will be able to charge @ 16.1- 16.5v which is what the d1400s need to be charged at. If not you will be under charging them. The d1400's are awesome performers for their size. I'm currently using them in my most current setup and I am more then happy with them. Talk to Matthew @ Mechman and he'll let ya know himself about how they perform. I switched out d3100's for the 1400's

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone know if they make a bracket to hold a bigger battery? The 3100 is three inches bigger than the yellow top i have now. The xs d3400 is a perfect fit for my truck but I don't think its as powerful at the 3100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just get the H.O alt, a d3400 for the front and a d3100 in the rear. That will suffice for what your running.

References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

^^^ agreed

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime1028 View Post
    If you are using an external regulator with the alt you will be able to charge @ 16.1- 16.5v which is what the d1400s need to be charged at. If not you will be under charging them. The d1400's are awesome performers for their size. I'm currently using them in my most current setup and I am more then happy with them. Talk to Matthew @ Mechman and he'll let ya know himself about how they perform. I switched out d3100's for the 1400's
    The 1400's are good. I sat in Matt's Mustang and I'm pretty he had 2 1400's powering 2 kicker 2500's on a 21" DP. **** was loud.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

sexy is offline mind reader

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

your car will need to stay at the voltage it was designed to be at or you will fry the computer.
    total up the fuses for the three amps like three 20s and two fourties and whatever. Use that as a rough estimate of how much the amps will draw add another 30 to 50 for the car lights heater ect. the more batteries you add the more load you will place on an alternator so dont just add batteries that is a common mistake that people make every day. buy some sort of voltage meter so you can see what your alt is able to do. what size alt you need is not a mater of opinion it is a simple mathmatical quesstion that you can figure out by asking the right people or doing a search.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    your car will need to stay at the voltage it was designed to be at or you will fry the computer.
    ^ Not quite true. Alot of cars have a threshhold in how much voltage they can handle through the ecu/bcm/ecm, etc... When an internal regulator goes bad on a stock alt your voltage can spike upwards of 18-19v in some cases. Car companies design their "computers" around this, knowing that this does happen, therefore saving the rest of the vehicles electronics when this happens. For instance, I have been running 16.5v setup in me Jeep Cherokee for 4 months now without 1 issue. I have seen about 5 other vehicles without an isolated electrical, all charging @ 16v-17v without any ecu related issues. Some things you stated are correct, such as more batteries, the more of the load on a alt. In the OP's case he has stated that he will be using a Mechman 250 alt therefore making your statement somewhat irrellavent in this case. Having (2) decent size batterys will not affect the alt as you may think it would. If it were a stock alt then it could possible be an issue for that alt to charge the batt's sufficiently

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast