Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Amp going into protection at high volume.

PetrucciUV777 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amp going into protection at high volume.

Ive had my system for around 8 months without any issue. Then my battery cable became corroded and i needed to replace the power wire that ran from my fuse to my battery. In this process i went ahead and upgraded my battery and now when i play my system the amp cuts out and goes into protection mode and then will come back on for a second and then will cut out again. It will work fine at low volume but only does it when it pulls a lot of power for really bassey songs. I have had absolutely no issue with the setup before the replacement of the battery and power wire. I am running 4 gauge wire as my ground and power wire. Its a kicker zx1000.1 running 2 alpine type r's. I havent changed any of the wiring in the setup because it worked perfect for so long. HELP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Amp going into protection at high volume.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrucciUV777 View Post
    Ive had my system for around 8 months without any issue. Then my battery cable became corroded and i needed to replace the power wire that ran from my fuse to my battery. In this process i went ahead and upgraded my battery and now when i play my system the amp cuts out and goes into protection mode and then will come back on for a second and then will cut out again. It will work fine at low volume but only does it when it pulls a lot of power for really bassey songs. I have had absolutely no issue with the setup before the replacement of the battery and power wire. I am running 4 gauge wire as my ground and power wire. Its a kicker zx1000.1 running 2 alpine type r's. I havent changed any of the wiring in the setup because it worked perfect for so long. HELP!!!
    You have high resistance and it's causing the voltage to drop and the amp to protect. The battery itself probably doesn't have anything to do with it. You need to make sure all of your connections are free of corrosion and tight. You also need to make sure you hooked up the alternator charging wire back to the battery.

bwe45 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take a DMM and check your Resistance, I had a similar problem and just re running the wire on the subs, as well as tightening up and checking the power wires helped

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bwe45 View Post
    Take a DMM and check your Resistance, I had a similar problem and just re running the wire on the subs, as well as tightening up and checking the power wires helped
    DMM probably will not measure this resistance. It is too small to measure but under a heavy current draw rears its ugly head.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you mean by resistance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PetrucciUV777 View Post
    What do you mean by resistance?
    Let me google that for you

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol nice reply. would it have anything to do with my alternator? its stock but is is keeping my battery charged. do you know how i could fix my resistance problem as well?

Closed Thread