Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How many batteries needed for my audio setup please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 How many batteries needed for my audio setup please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats up car audio.com. Im a newbie here and i had to set up an account so i could get this question answered so anyone feel free to add input.
    First off heres my set up.
    4 alpine type x 12s
    2 hifonic brutis 2600 amps they will be ran to produce 1ohm load. 2600 watt rms
    1 hifonic zxi 800watt (for components)
    4 alpine type r 5x7s
    200 amp alternator
    big 3 upgrade 0 gauge wire

i will be installing all of this in my 04 mercury grand marquis when i return from afghanistan in about 2 months. My question is though how many extra batteries will i need in my trunk in order to produce a power strong enough to push my system to the max. Also which batteries should i go with kinetic, optima, shruken or what please anyone feel free to post. And also one last question i also have a battery isolator but its only to connect one extra battery. How would i go about connecting the third battery please anyone help i want this system to bring it

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Re: How many batteries needed for my audio setup please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say minimum 2 good size + the one under your hood. I have my suspicions that most of the glass-mat batteries are the same, but others may disagree. Personally I go with batteries I know I can get a warranty on if they die early (Pretty happy with my Sears Die Hard Platinum)

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Re: How many batteries needed for my audio setup please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhere in the 400ah range will do you well(3 big batts, like HC2400 sized). Although better than stock, your alt will not be able to keep up with the current draw for very long, and voltage will drop to battery level pretty easily. With that said, you want a wall of stored power sitting at that upper 12V range so that voltage does not drop much below that.

Or just get a second 200amp alt, dual stock alts(assuming they're around 140amp stock), and add a couple of big batts in the back.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at Ryan@RAM-Designs.com

Rick_Roll is offline bout to get my roll on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

id say 200AH in the trunk and a nice sized batt up front...i dont see those amps putting out 2600 a peice so i think you will be fine

michaellane is me

OS eclipse hu<>kicker ss comps<>almani 6x9<>dd3510's<>dsc 4125<>dsc2000.1 PROTO<>red top under hood<>2 hc600's in trunk<>big 3 done in 2/0<>HO ALT

**sitting in park full tilt wont drop below 13.5**
    1/0 thru the car

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

i was running 2300rms in my old caprice with a reg batt and a 100ish amp alternator. it dimmed but was still loud as fu ck. with a 200 amp alt, big 3, 0 ga, a good batt up front and 1 in back i think you should be fine.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Closed Thread