Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 151

Reload Thread: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

  1. #76
    hatedonmostly's Avatar
    hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    LOL... no you didn't. Your friend had a battery that defied the laws of physics? HA... phial.
    Yes, I did.








  2. #77
    hatedonmostly's Avatar
    hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_By_Nature View Post
    Your first sentence is precisely why you should have a dedicated run of 1/0 for the ground. A 20' run of 1/0 is much more conductive than the body of your vehicle.
    I'm sure it would help slightly, but not correct a drop as severe as 1v.





  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Still View Post
    Yes, I did.
    HAHAHAHA. Since you have magical abilities and know everything... why can't you fix your problem?




  4. #79
    l7runner's Avatar
    l7runner is offline Amidst the Static



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    I have grounded to the bare frame before and had terrible voltage drops. Moved my ground to a point on the body and voltage issues resolved.

    Point being that just because you are grounded to the frame does not mean that is the best place. It depends on where your front bat is also grounded to. Try to make all of your components ground to the same place, instead of the multiple locations mentioned above. Dedicated runs would probably be best



    HU: Pioneer 880-prs
    Mid/High Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Front Stage: PG mids/Vifa tweets running active
    Sub Amp: DD Z1
    Sub: 10" Mach 5 SPL/Hybrid 1.25ft^3 @ 38hz
    DC Power Alt

  5. #80
    hatedonmostly's Avatar
    hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    HAHAHAHA. Since you have magical abilities and know everything... why can't you fix your problem?
    Since you have your own website and everything...why are you here? Oh, that's right...

    I know what I saw, now go troll elsewhere.





  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Still View Post
    Since you have your own website and everything...why are you here? Oh, that's right...

    I know what I saw, now go troll elsewhere.
    Obviously because people are stubborn. They'd rather stay on this junk site and complain about it than try out one that has none of the problems this one has. You didn't see that because it's not possible. You're not fooling anyone.




  7. #82
    hatedonmostly's Avatar
    hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    Obviously because people are stubborn. They'd rather stay on this junk site and complain about it than try out one that has none of the problems this one has. You didn't see that because it's not possible. You're not fooling anyone.
    Pot, meet kettle.





  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Still View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Are you stupid? I am one of the only people here that knows what he's talking about. I provide quality information to draw people to MY site.




  9. #84
    hatedonmostly's Avatar
    hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    Are you stupid? I am one of the only people here that knows what he's talking about. I provide quality information to draw people to MY site.
    You REALLY don't get it, do you?





  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon, IL
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by Still View Post
    You REALLY don't get it, do you?
    That you're not anywhere close to as smart as you think you are? Nah I get it.




  11. #86
    Bumpin' Goalie's Avatar
    Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TN & Travel
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Play nice, kids



    System Layout help available via PM.

    My system:
    Sounds good.

  12. #87
    jco1385's Avatar
    jco1385 is offline expert jcologist



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    18,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    if you're losing ~1v between the battery and the amp, it's right there. either the wire, connection, or connectors on that run. check all that apply to the power and grounds. have you tried to use a different run of wire? check resistance of the wire you are using?



    1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

  13. #88
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Fix that bullshit ground at the back battery and I bet your voltage will be up. Also, I recall you saying that because the battery in the back rest the same as the battery in the front, that they must be grounded right. Are you serious? Batteries will rest at 12.6 without being grounded at all.

    And Ecrack is trying to help you and from what I can tell, he knows what he's talking about, unlike you.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  14. #89
    hatedonmostly's Avatar
    hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    That you're not anywhere close to as smart as you think you are? Nah I get it.
    Since you STILL aren't getting it, let me break it down for you:

    I asked:

    Quote Originally Posted by Still View Post
    Since you have your own website and everything...why are you here? Oh, that's right...
    You replied:

    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    Obviously because people are stubborn. They'd rather stay on this junk site and complain about it than try out one that has none of the problems this one has.
    Yet, here you are on CA.com, complaining about CA.com.



    Quote Originally Posted by jco1385 View Post
    if you're losing ~1v between the battery and the amp, it's right there. either the wire, connection, or connectors on that run. check all that apply to the power and grounds. have you tried to use a different run of wire? check resistance of the wire you are using?
    This makes sense. The wire goes straight from the battery to the distro, and by the time it gets to the distro the voltage is already hampered. Could it possibly be the ring terminal, since I've soldered and unsoldered them to reuse them multiple times now? I don't have any remaining wire, but I will try to measure the resistance, as you suggested.

    Someone in this thread mentioned that voltage should be consistent throughout the entire system, so even at the amp, which is what is draining the current, I should see the same voltage as the batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by slim2fattycake View Post
    Fix that bullshit ground at the back battery and I bet your voltage will be up. Also, I recall you saying that because the battery in the back rest the same as the battery in the front, that they must be grounded right. Are you serious? Batteries will rest at 12.6 without being grounded at all.

    And Ecrack is trying to help you and from what I can tell, he knows what he's talking about, unlike you.
    Before you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, maybe you should read the thread. I regrounded my battery directly to the frame, and it did not help AT ALL.





  15. #90
    jco1385's Avatar
    jco1385 is offline expert jcologist



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    18,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Why is my voltage drop so awful?

    it could be the terminals if they aren't getting a good bite. could be a bad wire.

    and the voltage should be VERY similar at each battery, component, and anywhere else you could measure it (alt,distros,fuses,etc). where is the front battery grounded at? i'm leanin towards connection/wire problem.

    also, are you measuring on the battery side of the distro, or the amp side? if the amp side, it could also be the distro causing resistance. (measure both sides and see if there is a difference)



    1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum