Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon8 Massive Issues

i know im probably going to take some crap for this but i have some problems and i hope someone will be able to help. i have an old school pioneer flip out. 2 15 in thunder 9500s on a 2000 watt u.s. amp. i also have 3 EVs 2 15s and a 12 on an older power acoustic 850 ( i think ) watt. after everything was connected i went for a test run and 1 speaker wasnt working. i realized it was because both wires had fallen off so my friend who was giving me a hand hooking them up decided that it would be a good idea while the car was on and music playing to blindly try and attach the wires under the back deck . all hell broke loose. everything stopped working. im getting MASSIVE distortion. music plays very low in the background both amps turn on. while the deck is folding back in the subs shake an give off a low rumble and as soon as it powers off completely give a huge pop before finally relaxing. i have no idea what happend but everything was crystal clear before the attempt to connect that 1 ev..PLEASE HELP

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Re: Massive Issues

You're fucked.

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

99regal is offline Veritas

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how so??????

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99regal View Post
    i know im probably going to take some crap for this but i have some problems and i hope someone will be able to help. i have an old school pioneer flip out. 2 15 in thunder 9500s on a 2000 watt u.s. amp. i also have 3 EVs 2 15s and a 12 on an older power acoustic 850 ( i think ) watt. after everything was connected i went for a test run and 1 speaker wasnt working. i realized it was because both wires had fallen off so my friend who was giving me a hand hooking them up decided that it would be a good idea while the car was on and music playing to blindly try and attach the wires under the back deck . all hell broke loose. everything stopped working. im getting MASSIVE distortion. music plays very low in the background both amps turn on. while the deck is folding back in the subs shake an give off a low rumble and as soon as it powers off completely give a huge pop before finally relaxing. i have no idea what happend but everything was crystal clear before the attempt to connect that 1 ev..PLEASE HELP
    Possessed bro...gonna need an exorcism to fix it.

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    952 Post(s)

wait, your were running all that equipment at once?

like the two 15s werent enough?

You deserved it.

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

AQHDC3 is offline Ridin' 20s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Take everything out and start over. This time do it right.

1995 Explorer
    4 18" AQHDC3s
    2 AQ 3500D.1s
    1 HC2000 & 4 134ah C&D Batts
    1 DC Electric TAD270XP Alt
    157.8 @ 41hz
    FEEDBACK: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/448902-aqhdc3s-feedback-thread.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just took it to an audio shop up the road. i guess the avic n3 is known to blow the internal irreplaceable fuse. so i gotta install a line level converter and it should be fine. and as far as running all that at once im not a fan of all bass no voice so to counteract those monster mtxs i needed something loud. so the 3 EVs were my best option. i was worried about dropping voltage too much because of that and the air ride compressor so i mounted a 2nd optima connected through 0ga and upgraded my alt to 180 amp. so i did it as good as i could AQHDC3.

TMali is offline I Can Dance If I Want To

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

+ and - touched is my guess on the deck... it would help if you told us what wires. But i think you F'ed up you deck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth31 View Post
    TMali new king of lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ggaWeed View Post
    tmali can s#ck my girlfriends t1tties

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yea the guy said the deck outs were fried. the kid touched 1 of the wires going to a 15 in ev while everything else was playing to try and plug it in so idk wtf he touched but i think it burned the outs on the deck. im hoping that the line level is going to fix it.

Kenwood DNX6160, Pioneer crossover, 2 15in MTX Thunder 9500s, Merlin U.S. DXD3, 2 15 in EVs, 1 12 in EV, power acoustic 850 watt amp, 2 bullit tweeters, MTX components, Jensen 450 watt amp, 180 amp alt, 2 red top optimas, air ride with a 10 switch box, dc5000 compressor, and 5 gallon tank.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well that was definatly the problem but now the line level is pushing bass through my evs and my subs are not picking up any really low bass so it sounds like ****. i guess i need a new deck any suggestions. i was thinking an AVIC D3. somthing double din. the flip out is getting kind of old.

Kenwood DNX6160, Pioneer crossover, 2 15in MTX Thunder 9500s, Merlin U.S. DXD3, 2 15 in EVs, 1 12 in EV, power acoustic 850 watt amp, 2 bullit tweeters, MTX components, Jensen 450 watt amp, 180 amp alt, 2 red top optimas, air ride with a 10 switch box, dc5000 compressor, and 5 gallon tank.

Closed Thread

User Tag List