Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Head Unit Bass Bost?

thedj is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Head Unit Bass Bost?

on my head unit, I have the bass set to number 4 out of 6, now 4 is loud, but when I go to 5 and 6 they are much louder but what I want to know is if I put it on 6, can it blow up my amp?

like my amp is 600 rms at 4 ohms, and if I wire my subs up to play at 600 rms at 4 ohms, then will everything be fine because everything matches?, so can I play it as loud as I want without the amp cutting off or blowing up?

also how loud can I set the volume on my head unit? I usually have it on 28, but once when I went to 38, my amp cut off..

ahole-ic is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Head Unit Bass Bost?

Quote Originally Posted by thedj View Post
    on my head unit, I have the bass set to number 4 out of 6, now 4 is loud, but when I go to 5 and 6 they are much louder but what I want to know is if I put it on 6, can it blow up my amp?

like my amp is 600 rms at 4 ohms, and if I wire my subs up to play at 600 rms at 4 ohms, then will everything be fine because everything matches?, so can I play it as loud as I want without the amp cutting off or blowing up?

also how loud can I set the volume on my head unit? I usually have it on 28, but once when I went to 38, my amp cut off..
    Your gain needs to be set properly as per the gain setting tutorial. Short answer: If you set your gain via the tutorial then you can turn your volume up as high as the point where you set your gain and be safe. If you set your gain with the bass setting at 6 then you can leave it at 6 when you play your music without hurting anything. If you set your gain with the volume low and bass low, then turn them up later, you will damage something.
    The gain is not a volume knob. It's there to match your amplifier to your head unit.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

where can I find the gain settings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

where can I find the gain settings?
    http://ecrack.net/forums/index.php?s...indpost&p=1216

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im currently using an 8 gauge wire, so if I use a 4 gauge wire will my amp still cut off when I go to volume 38?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im currently using an 8 gauge wire, so if I use a 4 gauge wire will my amp still cut off when I go to volume 38?
    Yeah it probably will. Don't go to volume 38 until you have done the big 3 and made sure your grounds are really good and definitely go with 4 gauge or larger.
    Nobody is going to walk you through the process. I've given you the key terms. Now search for them on google or this site.

nateberrier is offline ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

good sized wire for your big three and amp run is integral. use 4gauge or better for the run to the back and use 1/0 for the big three. Its pretty cheap stuff.
    Set your gains with an oscope or digital multimeter per a tutorial. i promise it will sound tons better. Also if you have to ask if its a good idea, its probably not haha. better safe than sorry.

Read up at bcae1.com
    that helps a lot.

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

stanky1219 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bass boost is usually a bad thing..........but i never heard of bass bost before. LOL

collin.k is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh funny guy over here pointing out somebody missing an o. how original and completley hilarious

10. Thanks stanky1219 thanked for this post
Closed Thread