Closed Thread

Reload Thread: No sound out of speakers

Ashon1980 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No sound out of speakers

Hello. I installed a new head unit in my 2003 Nissan xterra. I used a wire harness adapter and properly hooked all the wires up. I have no
    doubt. The head unit has powe but no sound. When I replace factory head unit the sound is fine. I read on your forum that it could be a internal amp. But I'm not sure that applied to me. Any advice?

hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: No sound out of speakers

Did you ground to the ground on the harness, or did you make your own ground?

4OZGLOVES is offline <--- Gina FTMFW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

what kind of hu is it, If it is an alpine you may need to turn the power ic on.

Refs
    FJF, tooshort_128 , BushJ311(local) , FRIEK, vactor, ls2poweredgoat(X2) , chrisw91, psycoacoustics, sundownz, 01 s10, headlesskoopa, twisted_0912(x3) ,trystanmay, coma toast, lord baccus, oldschool4me, beatkeeper, scbeerbarge, dwrecked, beatkeeper1, infamous_e46, neel, plugger, Cal, Centergod79

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some harnesses that contain chime modules have a gain knob on them, which comes turned all the way down from the factory. Check that out as it may solve your issue. I'd also investigate a stock amp in your vehicle, does your HU say Bose or any other audio name on it? You can prolly find that info on some xterra forum also. If you do have a stock amp, you may need to attach the stock remote wire to your new HU separately from the harness as the harness may not accommodate for that.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Turns out I do have a stock amp. I'm not sure what you mean by stock remote wire. Can you elaborate?

uz1290 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashon1980 View Post
    Turns out I do have a stock amp. I'm not sure what you mean by stock remote wire. Can you elaborate?
    Any wires left over that weren't used in the harness? I ran across the same problem and figured it was the one wire left over as well as the amp's ground.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Orange - which is an illumination dimmer
    Blue/white - amp 12v
    Black/white - amp ground.

So I need to wire my factory amp in using those two wires then?

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

so you're saying you didn't connect the blue/white or black/white, and these wires are on the vehicle harness? if so, then the factory amp is not getting power. ground the factory black/white with the head unit ground. you need to verify if the factory blue/white is amp power or amp turn-on. wire it to the head unit remote turn-on (blue/white) if it is a turn-on lead, or the head unit ignition (red) wire if it is a power lead. start with red as that is the safest. if you do connect the head unit blue/white, put a 0.5A inline fuse on it.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    so you're saying you didn't connect the blue/white or black/white, and these wires are on the vehicle harness? if so, then the factory amp is not getting power. ground the factory black/white with the head unit ground. you need to verify if the factory blue/white is amp power or amp turn-on. wire it to the head unit remote turn-on (blue/white) if it is a turn-on lead, or the head unit ignition (red) wire if it is a power lead. start with red as that is the safest. if you do connect the head unit blue/white, put a 0.5A inline fuse on it.

That was it exactly. Thank you so much keep_hope_alive. I now have a functioning custom head unit.

Closed Thread