Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2004 g35 BOSE stereo double din installation

rsxs1212 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2004 g35 BOSE stereo double din installation

Okay well im sure by the title everyone knows what a mess im in with the bose.. But anyway here we go, Ive got all rca's power grounds remote wires run amps mounted box in for sub, new speakers wired up new speakers in, completely bypassed the bose amp and wiring.. Then it comes down to my double din pioneer unit.. Im having major problems getting power! Ive established a ground for it but I can not keep 12v constant or ignition on it to get the headunit and amps and eq to power up.. I guess its alot of things to run but is there any good power sources to run the deck and everything off of for remote wire? Im just going to do the constant 12v directly from the battery tomorrow so thats not really that big of a deal, but im still not quite sure what to do, Ive ran multiple things off of just one remote wire before and it has always stayed at 12v.. this when its truing to turn everything on goes down to about 6.. ive never seen anything like it.. should I up the gauge on the wire?? im using 16 but thats what ive always used.. Each component bench tests and turns on just fine so I know its something to do with the source.. I really dont want to put a seperate switch just for convenience.. I would like to have it all come on automatically when the car turns on

Thanks

Sean

d-REW is offline tuTWENTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2004 g35 BOSE stereo double din installation

sounds like you ave huge electrical issue when i did a g35 i used a standard harness and everything worked perect have you tested the wires with a dmm?

Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

rsxs1212 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2004 g35 BOSE stereo double din installation

well everything checks 12v dmm somtimes higher without anything connected.. but as soon as I connect the deck and turn it on it ***** down some serious power.. Im using the cigarette lighter as the remote turn on, im just thinking not enough power is getting through it but i have no idea.. I dont have a harness or anything because with the bose and bypassing the amp there but wanting to keep all the factory wiring intact its kind of like adding a stereo to a car or golfcart or boat or whatever you want to say that never had anything in it before.. Just easier way for me personally that I have found to do things in these cars..

Closed Thread