Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2006 Audi A4 Install Help

rxer311 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2006 Audi A4 Install Help

Hello everyone.

I have a 2006 Audi A4 without Bose and without Nav. I wanted to go about changing my head unit first because the stock unit is awful. I have heard that wiring these cars is a PITA so I have a few questions.

1. How easy will it be to bypass my stock amp?
    2. I also want to retain my Sirius Sat radio. I know I will have to buy an aftermarket tuner that goes with the HU I choose. My question is whether or not I can use my stock Sat Antenna. I don't want to add a second antenna because I already have one in my stock sharkfin. Basically I want to know if the stock antenna wiring will fit an aftermarket tuner.
    3. I plan on eventually adding a 4 channel amp to the system and running my front speakers off that and a sub off the rear channels. I will run the stock speakers or replacement coax in the rear off the HU amp. Is there a decent component set that I can get for the front doors that will sound ok running off just a HU until I can get around to amping the system?

Thanks again!

rxer311 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2006 Audi A4 Install Help

Bump for help

robertoyoung08 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2006 Audi A4 Install Help

i would suggest a jl audio cleansweep, mtx req5 or some kind of processor.
    maybe that new jbl audio ms-8 that just came out..

i added a processor in my lexus, so that i wouldnt have to take out the factory head unit (though i wish i could just do that, but its too complicated) and it sounds great.

unless you want to completely get a new head unit, then look into dash kits for your car. metra usually has just about any car.

a sound processor would just take signal through your factory amp or speakers and send it out via rcas to the aftermarket amps taht you would run your speakers off of.

Closed Thread