Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Who knows anything about 8 Track players?!?!

amphiduck is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who knows anything about 8 Track players?!?!

All right,

I just put a Pioneer TP-6001 8-Track player in my 1974 Porsche 914 and I'm having all kinds of problems...I recently took out the old factory speakers and put in new Pioneer 4x6s and just started wiring everything up. After all the wires were soldered, I'm having a very difficult time finding a place with no ground loop (and its loud as hell). Also, if I turn up the volume while an 8 track is playing its as if I'm listening to the radio where the volume goes dead then pops back on blasting and so forth. The left and right (there are only the two speakers in the car) module now either plays neither of the speakers or both, not just the left or just the right.

I don't know a whole lot about car stereos, and this 8 track player seems really simple with only four wires coming out of the back (positive, negative, and 2 speaker wires) but it still is baffling me.

Also if I installed a really small amp would that help clarity of the speakers? (like I said I don't know much about this kinda stuff). Or maybe just the 8 tracks themselves **** a lot??

Much appreciated for any kind of advice!

zierbox is offline Only The Very Best

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

zierbox is offline Only The Very Best

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Closed Thread