Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'04 G35 Coupe Amp Install

Hi, I have an old MTX Thunder 4244 Amp that I was thinking of throwing into my '04 G35 Coupe. Just a few questions:

1. What's the best way of doing this. I'm using stock headunit and bose system. Should I buy a line out converter and run directly from the headunit? Or this amp actually has speaker level inputs and run directly into the amp?

2. I've got a friend who seems fairly knowledgeable. His advice was to run directly to the amp using the speaker level inputs by splicing the wires just past the existing bose amp. According to him then I don't have to use a line out converter, will get better sound, and won't have to run wire directly to the speakers by using the existing wiring. Is his advice accurate? Is this the best way?

3. The speaker level input on the car use a specific type of plug. I suppose I could solder it, but I was wondering where I could actually find this type of connector. I have a picture of it attached. I checked radio shack, crutchfield, and best buy. Haven't looked at any specialty places yet. Anyone know?

4. Anyone have an audio wiring diagram for the '04 G35 Coupe. Can't seem to find a good one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails '04 G35 Coupe Amp Install-mail.jpg  

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: '04 G35 Coupe Amp Install

wiring diagram: 2004 Infinity G35 with Bose Wiring Information

If you have the speaker level input on the amp, I say use it. It does the same thing as a LOC.

And you don't have the speaker level input plug I'm assuming? I doubt you'd be able to find just the plug being sold. I think I have a couple in my toolbox @ work that are leftover I could send you if you wanna paypal me 5 bills for shipping. I'd have to double check n let you know...

I'm sort of confused, tho. is the amp your installing for your stock speakers in the car or for a subwoofer?

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

Ronjon17 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is to amp up the stock speakers. I'm really only doing this because I have the amp laying around. In the future I might do a full set up

I'd be happy to paypal $5 if you have them. You sure they will fit? It's a 4 pin connector. Top left and bottom right are squares. Top right and bottom left are notched.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will check my box when I head into work tomorrow. I've only seen 3 different types of harness for the inputs, generally they are the 4 pin connector like yours...

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds great, please keep me posted.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DId you ever find them? If not, I actually emailed MTX about it and they are mailing them to me free of charge. Nice work MTX! If you do have them I wouldn't mind paying an etra $5 just to have an extra set for future endeavors. Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, just got home from work man lol. Can't log on while there. I do have one if ya need it. Pretty cool that mtx is sending you one for free, too tho. Must have some good cust. service.

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

Closed Thread

User Tag List