Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Voltage drop on amp

sscroaat is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Voltage drop on amp

I've had the same Hollywood amp running in my car for years, and all of a sudden it's stopped working.

The car battery shows 12v on the multimeter. When the car is off I get 12v between the positive terminal and ground on the amp. However, when I turn the car on (no problems with the car starting), the voltage at the amp drops to 4v which is insufficient to run it. Then I test between the remote and ground and get 12v.

Is a new battery the way to go? if so any suggestions to which ones remain charged longer for car audio systems

Chris Z is offline Always wanting more bass!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Voltage drop on amp

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is here, but if you're gonna get a new battery for car audio purposes - you should get an AGM batt.

-------My Equip-------
    JVC KD-HDR50
    (2) JVC CSHX647X 6.5-Inch 4-Way Coaxial Speakers, (2) Pioneer TS-G1642R 6.5" 180 watt peak 2-way speakers powered by Crunch P900.4
    Audioque SDC2.5 10" sub in a ported box - 1.6 cu ft powered by an Alpine MRP-M500
    Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge wire to Konfused distro block, 8 gauge kolossus flex to both amps, 1 RF set of RCAs, 1 Knu set of RCAs
    ----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by vic713 View Post
    Wowzers ! I've been running all 6 of my batts under the hood this whole time !! * Puts engine back in and batts in the back *

Maxipads is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Voltage drop on amp

Check your fuses??

Closed Thread