I have a 4 gauge and 8 gauge power wires going from my battery to my amps. These were installed at a shop. This setup was working fine for 2 years. I just got a new amp and sub, and while taking the wires out, I accidentally let the 4 gauge power wire touch the metal frame inside my car. I got a big spark but didn't think it was a big deal. So when everything is hooked up, there is no power to the amp w/ the 4 gauge wire. The other amp on the 8 gauge wire is just fine.
Now here is where it gets bizarre. The remote leads are fine, checked w/ a voltmeter. I read no power to the amp. But when I check the fuse next to the battery for that power wire, it's NOT BLOWN. I checked the voltage at the wire on both sides of the fuse and I get 14V like I should. But further down by my amp, I get nada. The end of the wire where the spark occured looks fine, no sign of being fried, and it looks fine at the battery end, too. Is it possible the wire can get fried somewhere in the middle? It's not easy at all to look at the whole length of wire; it goes through complex routing to say the least. And I'd like to think I'm overlooking something here instead of running out to rerun a 4ga power wire to the amp. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.