Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Nissan Maxima head unit installation with bose system!

EaC95z28 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nissan Maxima head unit installation with bose system!

Nissan Maxima 95-96 Head unit installation with bose factory system!
    my friend has a 95 maxima that wants a head unit installed in it. it originally has the factory bose system, cd player and so forth in it. he has the bose spekaers and all. but im going to be installing a head unit in it and i was wondering if i have to hook up the speaker leads differently or have to buy an adapter to accomodate for the bose system that was originally in there. i remember hearing that bose systems are funny and require the bose head to work. but anywya do i just have to hook it up like a normal head unit or do i have to rewire something or something special? anyone wiht this year or up years maxima with that body style that has installed a head let me know. im sure i have no problem doing it but i just wan tto know b4 i do. thanks!

DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Nissan Maxima head unit installation with bose system!

Quote Originally Posted by EaC95z28
    Nissan Maxima 95-96 Head unit installation with bose factory system!
    my friend has a 95 maxima that wants a head unit installed in it. it originally has the factory bose system, cd player and so forth in it. he has the bose spekaers and all. but im going to be installing a head unit in it and i was wondering if i have to hook up the speaker leads differently or have to buy an adapter to accomodate for the bose system that was originally in there. i remember hearing that bose systems are funny and require the bose head to work. but anywya do i just have to hook it up like a normal head unit or do i have to rewire something or something special? anyone wiht this year or up years maxima with that body style that has installed a head let me know. im sure i have no problem doing it but i just wan tto know b4 i do. thanks!
    You basically have two options...1) Replace the headunit and all the speakers, 2) There is a special adapter that must be purchaced to interface an aftermarket h/u with a factory bose system... there are several companys that make them and the prices vary, I guess you could expect to pay any were from $50 bucks to over $100 just depending on the brand.... I personally would replace all the bose stuff with aftermarket.......

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

EaC95z28 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DARKHART
    You basically have two options...1) Replace the headunit and all the speakers, 2) There is a special adapter that must be purchaced to interface an aftermarket h/u with a factory bose system... there are several companys that make them and the prices vary, I guess you could expect to pay any were from $50 bucks to over $100 just depending on the brand.... I personally would replace all the bose stuff with aftermarket.......

yea man. i figured that i might have had to have an adapter but im still not sure. some other poeple said that it would be fine without it. but i guess i will find out. hes not going to want to spend an extra 50-100 on the adapter. i hope i dont have to have it and hook it up regularly. yea i agree with you i would replace all the bose spekers too. matter of fact im gettin ready to rip out all my bose system in my z28 so im going to replace with aftermarket no problem for me but im building a good system he just wants a new head unit.

thumpin90gts is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the part is called a premium amp interface PS2 you can pick it up at a best buy for $40 bucks without this or replacing all speakers and rewiring the whole car it WONT work you will have no sound

Closed Thread