Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ADDITIONAL INFO : HOW 2 CONNECT 2 AMPS, 2 SUBS & SPEAKERS

Wuter say ous??????

I dont know much about car audio. I got an alpine deck with shuttle 25wx4, 2 120w pioneer speakers, 2 250w pioneer 6x9, 2 12" sansui subs, 1 boss amp 500w and 1 sansui amp 200w.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
    subs r 500w each, boss amp and sansui amp : 2 channel. thats about it, i think.

How do i go about connecting up this system.
    I want bumping sound to go wit my ts.

Need ur help urgently!!!!!

YASH-ZN

travisx01 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ADDITIONAL INFO : HOW 2 CONNECT 2 AMPS, 2 SUBS & SPEAKERS

Get your self a Wiring kit, since you have 2 amplifiers you will either want 2 wiring kits for each amplifiers wattage or you could go with 1 big kit for both amps with a larger power wire that includes a distribution block.

For the 500 watt amplifier you can get away with 8 guage power wire(Guage stands for the thickness of the wire, the smaller the guage the thicker the wire) For the 200 w amplifier you can get away with 10 guage. But if you want to stick with just 1 power wire which is what I really suggest go with 4 guage. You run the power wire directly from the cars battery, within an inline fuse(amperage of the fuse no greater than the amperage the amps call for, I would guess in your case about a 50-60 amp fuse would be the maximum, however I am unfamiliar with those choice of amplifiers, maybe someone can give a better insight.

In amplifier Kits they usually come with RCA patch cables(which are most of the time color coded plugs, one red and one right, each representing there own channel, left or right side speakers) Walmart has pretty simple Kits that would be good in your case. Except you would need an extra set of RCa's since you have 2 amplifiers. If your Head unit(cd player) has no RCA Out puts you can get line level converters at walmart also, only use those if no RCA outputs are present.

If you want to amplify your 6x9's then the wattage from your head unit will probably not matter, using per outs defeat all wattage to insure higher quality sound.

Also on most amplifiers they have a remote wire terminal, that you hook up to the head units remote output to turn the amplifier on with the head unit so it is not powerd up at all times. the size of the remote wires can be whatever you choose, it is just a small 12 volt signal to tell your amplifier to turn on......Also read the instalation instructions on the equipment, most of the time all you need to know is with the instructions. They just don't explain what anything does in them.

Closed Thread