Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question about speaker wire and RCA cables....

Kaos is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question about speaker wire and RCA cables....

I'm keeping my h/u and adding comp's and a sub (w/ amp's of course). To integrate everything I'm using a JL Audio Cleansweep. The question is I have the option of making my long runs w/ either RCA cables or speaker wire. What I mean is I can mount the Cleansweep near the h/u and run RCA's to the amp's in the trunk. Or I can mount the Cleansweep in the trunk (w/ the amp's) and run speaker wire to the comp's in my front doors and dash.

The question is what would handle the long runs better....the speaker wire or the RCA cables? I'm thinking the RCA cables but I don't have anything to back that up. Or does it even matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by EarDrummin.
    Uh.. I could be wrong. I could be really wrong. But what if I'm right? ****, I don't know. I'm right, I think.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Re: Question about speaker wire and RCA cables....

I'd rather have long runs of RCA cables. Long runs of speaker cables act as very good antennas - with shielded interconnects, that's not as much of a problem.

phemps is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Re: Question about speaker wire and RCA cables....

or you could tap into rear speakers if you have them and have short rcas and short high level wires..

Refs: Rio, DbzArson, goodstuff, Worstenemy453

Quote Originally Posted by Altec View Post
    Then obviously I am asking the wrong person, because you don't know how to hook up subs if they sounded like "****". Maybe learn your ohms and your diagrams before you call something ****. Learn to make boxes to specs and use the right wires and its called dynomat. Then maybe your car wouldn't of sounded like ****, yeah?

Closed Thread

User Tag List