Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2005 Lincoln LS Line out converter Help

Ok So I bought a Line out Converter for my lincoln LS so I could keep the Factory 6 disc. Long story short it doesnt work after hooking it all up. I need troubleshooting help. So here is what I did, the lincoln LS has a factory Amp for the 2 rear speakers, so I figured I would tap into the Remote wire for that Amp and run it to my amp. Then the speaker wires I Tapped into for the Line out converter are post amplification. I dont know if this matters or not, but when I got everything Hooked up the rear speakers didnt even work, and my amp did not work. So I disconnected the Remote wire and the rear speakers worked again, So i figured I would have to run the remote wire from somewhere else. I took the remote wire and tied it directly into the Radio Fuse, and that made the subs rumble with 1 tone, so I had to disconnect that right away.

More aboue the Line out converter, it only had 4 wires, and the Directions say to tap an amp wire directly in with one of the speaker wires, so I decided to try that route, well that didnt work either.

here are 2 possible scenarios that I think it could be, Either A you cannot tap a Line out converter off of amplified wires?? or B the white wire is Negative and the Grey is positive. Does anybody know for sure which wire is the positive? i have found 2 different stories on this issue?

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2005 Lincoln LS Line out converter Help

solid color's are positive. solid white and solid grey. striped white and striped grey are negative.

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

tweez1717 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2005 Lincoln LS Line out converter Help

I wish it were that easy, there is a Grey and White wire, both striped, going to each speaker after amplification.

Is it Possible to hook up the Line Out Converter to just 2 wires, instead of 4

Closed Thread

User Tag List