Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Adding 2nd Battery Questions

TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adding 2nd Battery Questions

I have a 1000 Watt Mono Alpine and I am looking to upgrade my 4 chan Amp to a better one that puts out more.

My 4 Channel Amp is 50 RMS each channel, but my speakers can take more(75 Front, 90 Rear) I dunno if I can get an amp that has different outputs for the front and rear channel? Any suggestions on an amp?

No sure on my alternator output its not very high, its just a stock replacement, it is for a Suburban though, so I would guess it puts out 60-85 Amp max.
    So I am going to add a 2nd battery in the rear, don't want it to be connected with the front battery, and I also would like to use a smaller wire from the Alt to the rear bat so my stereo doesn't 'use up' all my alternators output making my car components run off the front battery, is this a good idea or will the rear battery not charge very fast with a smaller wire?

I was thinking with either going like this

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1256496831

Both amps running off the rear battery, not draining anything from my front.

or like this http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1256496863

Amp II being my 4 chan. it runs off the front battery/alternator(Better if I limit the power going from the alternator to the rear battery by using a smaller wire) then the subs can pound away from their own battery.

I would like to know what size fuses I should use and if the amount of fuses I included would suffice?

Also would like a suggestion for the rear battery, I am looking to by a kenetic.

Chris Z is offline Always wanting more bass!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Adding 2nd Battery Questions

I'm afraid I can't answer your real question(s). But I would suggest in both setups, that you plan on hooking up that rear batt neg to ground, or even a straight run to the front batt, I'm pretty sure it won't do any good if that's not connected to something, but I could be totally wrong, I don't know much about setting up multiple batteries.

-------My Equip-------
    JVC KD-HDR50
    (2) JVC CSHX647X 6.5-Inch 4-Way Coaxial Speakers, (2) Pioneer TS-G1642R 6.5" 180 watt peak 2-way speakers powered by Crunch P900.4
    Audioque SDC2.5 10" sub in a ported box - 1.6 cu ft powered by an Alpine MRP-M500
    Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge wire to Konfused distro block, 8 gauge kolossus flex to both amps, 1 RF set of RCAs, 1 Knu set of RCAs
    ----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by vic713 View Post
    Wowzers ! I've been running all 6 of my batts under the hood this whole time !! * Puts engine back in and batts in the back *

TheJuggla1 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Z View Post
    I'm afraid I can't answer your real question(s). But I would suggest in both setups, that you plan on hooking up that rear batt neg to ground, or even a straight run to the front batt, I'm pretty sure it won't do any good if that's not connected to something, but I could be totally wrong, I don't know much about setting up multiple batteries.
    Ya thats just an error in my diagram, the battery would be useless without a ground...

ironchef b is offline Ainokea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe this link will help you out.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398527

Bought From: gleepoy, GoinDef154 (2x), KyleBechtold, goodstuff, toolmaker, chefhow, tophatjimmy, s4k4zulu

Closed Thread