Re: Calling B.S. on all these HO alternators

i will agree with you i wish it had a little more output under 2k alt rpms

Vehicle 1997 Toyota Tacoma Fully Shaved and Bagged
    Head Unit Alpine CDA-9855
    Sub DC Audio Level 5 15"
    Sub Amp A Mystery 5750.1 @1.4 Ohm Daily
    Electrical Dual Alternators
    Stock 70A(Runs Truck) Yellowtop--Big Three in Kicker 1/0
    Mechman 200A Slim Fit (Runs Sub Amp) 2 C&D 134AH--2 Runs of Kicker 1/0--Stinger Volt Meter
    DC AUDIO FTW!
    Bought From: thedukey42--Goindef154--basscort2009--wgsj_fortvalley--peas247--bumpin buick

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did you learn anything Chris?

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

clouduz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

finally you see what I'm trying to say. Wasn't meaning to come off as *** *** but reading back yeah i did. my bad i brought it maybe two months ago. I don't know if I can get a smaller pulley it's small now, same size at stock. My stock alt also had a 3:1 ratio. Thing is I WANT to up my idle but after reading online i found out i can only do it with a pc B/c if i revv too 800 I get ...let me look at the sheet...147.7 which is really good and i can turn of every accessory n keep voltage about 13.9-14. And the dealership won't adjust my idle saying I'll lose my warranty on the electrical part b/c it won't be "within specs"

Refs: sold to ipodlove Brought From : assman

clouduz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well off to go watch "fighting" the movie or informers

Refs: sold to ipodlove Brought From : assman

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just need to talk to Rob about how these things are built so I can understand, first, how it's done from a small package (smaller than I have seen anyway in big alts), and second how to tell which companies are passing off stock alts with bigger diode packs etc as HO alts. I just like calling BS on stuff. Always generates some good info. No BAD ever comes of it unless it was deserved. Remember that.... I have got to go, but I will be back on here tommorow or the next day, maybe later tonight, and I will PM Rob and he can lay it down for me, sounds like he is being honest and knows what he is talking about, but I want to talk to him too.

dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by power-fanatic07 View Post
    what i don't get is why does it drop down so low when the system isn't even playing.

no current drawn so none produced?
    sort of current has to have some where to go

feedback thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...appa5+feedback

lol the moderators here are GODS word to the wise
    "don't cross them lol

k_schutte is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't read everythig but I can say this... I have what Ohio Generator calls a "300A" alternator and the MOST Iowa/Buesings generator company could get it to put out was around 200A~ and that was with a 1-7/8" pulley (stock is like 2-1/2"~) and something like 8K engine RPM (which my N* will never see), idle (800 engine RPM) was like 9X~ IIRC... pretty pathetic IMO

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is exactly why I am calling BS on these things... Need someone who is "real" to break it down for me/all of us so we know what to look for in an alt.... like I tell people with amplifier specs/ratings, don't trust them... I believe the same applies with batteries and alternators and if you are going just by published specs that's a bad idea. Will discuss more, I got to sleep, got a comp to attend in the morning in like 6 hours...

hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, we need something to protect us as consumers. Either that, or I'll just start sellin Wal-Mart batteries with fancy stickers on them. You will all start hanging on my nuts like like an FI sub.

I will call them electric strike force banana nut suckin eat my balls batteries. $200 shipped. pm me for them

Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

GLN305 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can vouch for Rob and DC Power. I have one in my '08 Colorado and running an Audioque 3500D and 3 Optima Red Tops, everything is really strong, alt can charge the batts and when running the voltage stays above 14V. Whatever he does, it works. I have had a Iraggi alt and a rewound stocker and this DC Power is by far superior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GLN305 View Post
    I can vouch for Rob and DC Power. I have one in my '08 Colorado and running an Audioque 3500D and 3 Optima Red Tops, everything is really strong, alt can charge the batts and when running the voltage stays above 14V. Whatever he does, it works. I have had a Iraggi alt and a rewound stocker and this DC Power is by far superior.
    Yeah, but don't you want some sort of standardized testing to see if your DC is as good as something else?

Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
    Yeah, but don't you want some sort of standardized testing to see if your DC is as good as something else?
    That would be nice, but I believe the topic was about these alts not putting out the current that they are touted to produce....mine does, so I am happy with it. Would it be nice to see a chart with competitors alternators on it, sure, but that's not gonna happen since some companies prefer a smoke and mirror show over actual results. I think the OP is kinda aggravated that there are a couple companies that make alts that don't do what they are made to do and are still around selling them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batteries actually like a little AC when charging.

I just want to know why if some small time outfit can get 300A from a small package alternator why the big companies that make them for industrial use can't get the same numbers from their products that are physically larger, therefore more room to work with... Maybe it's a duty cycle thing... maybe not. I SHALL talk to Rob about this more and see if he will explain it to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GLN305 View Post
    That would be nice, but I believe the topic was about these alts not putting out the current that they are touted to produce....mine does, so I am happy with it. Would it be nice to see a chart with competitors alternators on it, sure, but that's not gonna happen since some companies prefer a smoke and mirror show over actual results. I think the OP is kinda aggravated that there are a couple companies that make alts that don't do what they are made to do and are still around selling them.
    Nice to know, but why should I believe you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
    Nice to know, but why should I believe you?
    You don't have to, I'm not asking you to.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast