Closed Thread

Reload Thread: stock amp question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

stock amp question

I'm going to be putting a tape deck and cd changer in my friends 2001 volkswagen golf. he has a stock amp that he wants to use does anyone know if the stock amp is two channels or four? i've looked all through the manual and I couldn't find anything about the amp he said it is the monsoon stereo package if that helps. Also will the stock amp have rca inputs or what, i.e how is it tied into the stock head unit?

Refs: Diyma.com, Caco.com

Lusso5 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: stock amp question

Quote Originally Posted by drfunnepantz
    I'm going to be putting a tape deck and cd changer in my friends 2001 volkswagen golf. he has a stock amp that he wants to use does anyone know if the stock amp is two channels or four? i've looked all through the manual and I couldn't find anything about the amp he said it is the monsoon stereo package if that helps. Also will the stock amp have rca inputs or what, i.e how is it tied into the stock head unit?
    Used to have an APR-tuned 01 1.8T ... man I miss that car. Side swiped by a 17-year old girl - totaled.. boo-hoo .... anyway.

You can use the stock amp - simple wiring harness will do, the details from my memory are: no RCA's (of course); 2-channel input from the deck (you should see them on the amp, plus the top of the monsoon will have a schematic) and 8-channel output; funk harness. The speakers in the car can sound good with some tweaking.

goodstuff is offline LOL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

what do you mean "funk harness"? What kind of tweaking can I do to the stock speakers?

Refs: Diyma.com, Caco.com

Lusso5 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drfunnepantz
    what do you mean "funk harness"? What kind of tweaking can I do to the stock speakers?
    Meant the harness was funky/confusing. So confusing that cars of fellow VW'ers would come from the factory with speakers wired out of phase at the harness. (assembled in South America - what do you expect)

The speakers in that system can sound very good. As far as "tweaking", I mean't with an EQ, which the deck you may be installing may have some form of.

This is could get really VW-focused so feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions: quinn.alexander@rmtinc.com

Closed Thread