Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Please help my amp is reading low volt, and no sound?

crfrider is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please help my amp is reading low volt, and no sound?

a yes i just installed my stereo in my truck, i ran all the wires power to the battery to the amp, i grounded the amp, i ran rcas, i ran remote wire, now i have a kicker sx1250.1 amp, i hooked up my subs also, now i just got this truck bout 3 weeks ago, it still has the factory hu in it, im waiting on a new alpine hu, so i just got everything hooked up, all wires ran, so when i get my new hu ill fully install the stereo, but i have a old pioneer hu, i just wanted to hook it up to test the sound and amp so i just hooked the power wire to the battery, i took my hu and put a battery charger on the battery wire, illimination, acc, and i toook the ground and hooked it up, i hooked in the remote wire, and hooked up the rcas, im just tryin to test the subs, well i turned it on and my amp is reading low volts? and no sound is comming from the subs, is it cause the battery charger isnt poweruful enough to power the hus volts? can i just hook the hu up to the car battery? to test it? please help

dB-SPL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Please help my amp is reading low volt, and no sound?

So long as the battery reads 12V you don't need the charger. Everything you have is designed to run on a 12V eletrical system.

'11 Jeep Patriot
    Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD
    Front - Massive Audio CK69X
    Front Amp - Massive Audio NX2
    Rear - Infinity Kappa's
    Subs - 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's
    Sub Amp - AB VFL 450.1
    147.6 @ 37Hz

crfrider is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Please help my amp is reading low volt, and no sound?

yea i hook the hu wires to the truck battery, the positive and negative and the amp and subs worked, i was tryin to just use the battery charger to power the hu but it didnt give it enough juice to run the amp and subs, that was why it showed low volts on the amp, so everything is good now, thanks for the reply

Closed Thread