Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Newbie that could use install help

Gjohnson is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newbie that could use install help

Ok, this is a little tricky and I could use some help. This is what I've got. I have a 94 Nissan Maxima with the retarded bose system in it. I don't have the money right now to replace the whole system, but I am installing a new Kenwood KDC-X969. But I'm going to use the Bose speakers and existing amps. Because I'm limited on funds with a new baby on the way, I've decided not to use the pac adapter either, but to hard wire the unit into the car. Now, I've been told by others that I can splice RCA cables into the wires running to the bose amps and hook them up to my front and rear preouts along with my amp and subs. My question is when I'm splicing the RCA's into the bose wires, what is the exact procedure. I know the RCA's have an inner wire covered by a thin sheild and then wire covering the shield. Well, I haven't taken a look at the bose wires yet, but I'm pretty sure the wires leading to the bose amps don't have these two parts. So I guess I'm wondering if I just hook up the inner wire to these leads or do I connect both the inner and outer wires to the amp leads. Sorry so long.

I've installed many decks before with wiring harness and some that I've had to hard wire, but I haven't went this route before. Any help, suggestions and or instructions will be helpfull, thanks.

Shift_"that's what I use to do before I bought this freakin automatic"

spyd3r is offline drunken polak

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Newbie that could use install help

In a bose system each speaker has its own amp.......usually the thinner awg wires on the plugs are the signal cables. I strongly recommend you go out and spend the $15 on a wiring harness and then get a LOC if you plan on using the bose amps.

And if you do ever upgrade your speakers....remember to bypass the bose amps. You can simply do this by removing the plug into the speaker pods and cap off the power to the amp and just use the speaker line directly to the speaker. (don't plug it back into the pod )

Sound quality enthusiast with a Silver GTI VR6

*Eclipse ecp 416 *Diamond Audio D7054 *D7152 *Diamond Audio Hex 10" *phazeaudio/studio_drivers/alumapro dual mid 6.5's alc compoenents

crhye250r is offline Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Newbie that could use install help

Dude, get the bose interface..Trust me..youll need it. I have installed a many of them. Its worth the money.

MECP Certified Installer

Closed Thread