Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Getting No Sound!

RensoreK is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting No Sound!

I recently started having some static in my sound system and my subwoofers were distorting when I turned the volume up, so I decided to rewire my system from the ground up. Checking EVERYTHING and ensuring myself no task was "shortcut" or done weakly.
    I had installed the system years ago and it worked fine. The static started so I thought it was the head unit and replaced it only to find the same problem.

I now have no sound coming to the subwoofers (or any speakers) so I decided to to check the RCAs, I ran test RCA cables from the head unit to the subwoofer amp and nothing, but if I turn the volume up high enough I get static coming from the regular speakers that are connected to its own amp.

If Im not clear in anything please let me know I tried as best as I could. Any help getting this to work is GREATLY appreciated!!

HERE IS A DIAGRAM. Hope it helps.
    [img=http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/986/78235629.th.gif]

nineball is offline too many toys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Getting No Sound!

recheck the grounds and the speaker wire/connections. if they are all secure the only thing i can see it being would be blown amps or speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    I have 4 12s getting 2K watts rms and my front stage is 4 Walmart JVC coaxials running off 16 watts rms of head unit power. My sub sounds fine but my mids and highs don't sound very clear and start to distort long before my subs do. Anybody know why? Any suggestions?

528hz is offline Everything'sMiscellaneous

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Were you using the same RCAs that you have been using all-along? The RCAs may be the issue.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Speakers are okay. They were running decently (besides static at higher volumes) before I disconnected them to restart checking everything from scratch. I replaced the RCA cables for the subwoofer amp to make sure the RCAs weren't bad. All grounds were upgraded to lower gauges and checked for corrosion and I wire brushed all connections just in case.

I also re-checked to make sure no fuses were blown on either amp. They both worked fine last week so It must be a wiring problem I'm assuming...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[SOLVED] Re: Getting No Sound!

It was a bad inline fuse which wasn't blown but slightly bend. I guess all that power over time. Replaced it and everything so far is great.

MrChow is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God do I like this forums. I was having the same problem and I wasn't thinking straight. When to the amp check if the fuse were bad or something push on them and found they weren't all the way in. Fixed my problem.

MrChow
    240sx 95' (My DD, Drift, auto-x, everything I can get in one)

HU - Clarion 785USB (trying to go back to active)
    AMP - MB Quart DSC 480
    Tweeter - PG RSD
    Fronts - CDT HD6
    Sub -Sundown E8 in a small box with a lil areo port
    Power - Optima YellowTop 9073-167
    Wiring - 4ga Knu/ Big 3 Grounds 0/1 alt 4 ga

Closed Thread