Closed Thread

Reload Thread: battery dying when car is off

rhodges27 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

battery dying when car is off

I cant seem to figure out what is going i have a 1700 watt class d x811d that i just had fixed by soldering a piece on the circuit board, hooked the amp back and works fine now i have this problem of the battery getting drained when the car is off my other amp does not do this i have a 600 watt kenwood. i disconnected the amp fuse for the 1700 watt amp and seems to have solved the battery draining not sure how since i turn the car off the amp goes i don't see a power led on as if the car were running. I'm thinking this amp prob just needs to be trashed or i should get a new one. any suggestion on why this would happen. I have the RMS wire running to a fuse panel in the car that only turns on when the car turns on should i rerun this wire since i have a deck now to the deck RMS.

Two 12'inch Treo TE, 1700 watt kenwood x811d amp, kenwood 4 channel 600 watt amp, kenwood door speakers, Alpine 6x9s(which ****) Kenwood x792 head unit and tsunami power wires, partial dynomat.

loopkiller is offline PERMA-BANED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: battery dying when car is off

Sounds like you have bypassed the on/off switch inside the amp, making the amp run all the time, which ends up draining your battery.

Closed Thread