Reload Thread: Car Audio Installation Training

madermuce is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car Audio Installation Training

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm really interested in learning how to install car audio systems. I have some basic knowledge, but would like to learn how to do things right including multiple amp system, car video, and remote start. Are there any videos, books, online classes or instructional programs that are available.

i have ordered a set of DVD's, but the material seemed very simple and outdated and didn't really cover what I'm trying to do. Any help would be great.

Thanks alot.
    Last edited by madermuce; 04-10-2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Wanted to add some info.....thanks,

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Car Audio Installation Training

Nothing is going to teach you like real world experience will. Do research and ask questions here if you run into any issues.

If you have audio shops around you you could try and become an intern or an employee, but with the economy right now it's probably a slim chance.

There are also a couple of schools throughout the country that will train you and get you MECP certified. My personal favorite is MT2 in new jersey, but this school, along with all the others, costs some serious dough to attend.

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

93dakota is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way most of us learned was through trial and error. for ideas go threw the build logs and ask questions when you cant figure things out. as for books it depends what type of install you are lookin to do. if you are goind for a really basic install I think PartsExpress has a book or two but i am not sure what it has in it. If you are going for a nicer install no book is going to help you.

Co-Founder OBS
    1993 Dodge Dakota LE 3.9L v6
    1 Fi BTL 18" in Custom wall enclosure
    Alpine CDA-9886
    Hifonics Goliath XXV
    Hifonics Zxi6410
    Mechman Street Beater 250amp Alt
    Powermaster D3100
    8 runs Knukoncepts 1/0 power/ground

madermuce is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i definitely get what you're saying. I just don't want to mess up anything during the trial and error phase.....

It seemed like back in the day all you had to do was run a power cable, ground wire, connect the remote, and plug in the rca's and you were ready to go. I don't know if its changed, but i recently bought a car with a system and it has a capacitor, and a device that allows you to use the stock radio, and the subs were wired just a bit different that I have used. I just want to know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. On those subs, it had a positive and negative attached to the terminals, but one sub had an extra set of wires running to it. So instead of there being 1 wire per terminal, there was two.

Not really why this is done this way.....

And in my car, i would like to add an amp for my door speakers, is this where a distribution block comes in?

thanks for any help.....

loopkiller is offline PERMA-BANED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect that you don't want to mess things up, so this is where I would start if I were you:

BCAE1.com

Read that site from start to finish and you will have a very good understanding about the principals of car audio. You will not be a master installer or anything, but you should be safe to start your install.

Closed Thread