my set up > 87 chevy caprice, normal voltage is 14.6 v, 11v when audio in use
the big 3, zero guage wire, large battery under the hood big enough for a truck, kinetic battery in the trunk,bass cap 3.0 farad, hu-pioneer dep510ub,cross over- hifonics hfxr, subs and amps-2 hifonics brutus bxi08d 1200w amps powering 2 pioneer 12 " 3000w, 1000w rms subs. hi's and mid's- a legacy rebel 1200w amp powering 2 600w 6x9's. a 1000w amp powering 4 200w 6x9's and a pair of 300w tweeters.
i might add 1-2 more woofers, and other components in the future, so i would like electrical upgrade room,
1. how can i measure the output of my altenator ?
2. how do i know if i need a bigger altenator ?
3. how to tell if amplifiers are not getting enough power ?
4. what is the true meaning of clipping ?
5. what should be a constant system voltage when amplifiers and subwoofers are operating at medium to high volume ?
6. what should be done for a high output , high demmanding electrical system in terms of general maintainance and must have for high performance ?
7. what size alt is needed to give my set up the proper power plus upgrade room ?