Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help wiring my system(pics included)

warren10290 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need help wiring my system(pics included)

Ok so I am building a system for my 91 volkswagen carbriolet and I need some help with the wiring. This is what I have so far. 2 15" kicker L5's in a big ported box. a 2000w hifonics amp. I got a huge 3000 amp battery that im putting in my trunk. I want to upgrade to a high output alternator but im not sure which one to buy, im planning on doing the big 3 upgrade. Im putting a set of alpine type S 6x9's in the back and custom mounting a set of kicker 6.5's in my front doors all running off a seperate amp (760w sony amp...til i can get a better one). I think i mentioned everything. Im stuffing all this in my little cabriolet. pretty much every inch of my car starting directly behind the front seats is filled with stereo equiptment. The subs come all the way to right behind the front seats it should beat pretty hard. here are pictures of everything i have.

I guess my question is how much wiring do you think i need to wire everyting up? and can anyone suggest a good alternator for my car?

loopkiller is offline PERMA-BANED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need help wiring my system(pics included)

Quote Originally Posted by warren10290 View Post
    Who put that sticker on that lame battery? 3000A is not a real rating BTW. 3000A at what? 12v? Not likely. 3000A at dead short? Who cares. You can't use that 0V dead short power with amps that cut out at 10V.

Closed Thread