Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Would I need to upgrade battery, alternator, and/or do the big 3 upgrade for my setup

dece870717 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Would I need to upgrade battery, alternator, and/or do the big 3 upgrade for my setup

I have a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Base model with the V6 engine and stock alternator output is 125amps. At max I would be running about 800-900 watts RMS. I want to know if I should upgrade any part of my electrical system to handle the aftermarket car audio setup. I was thinking about getting a good odyssey battery and maybe upgrading the big 3 or if possible not get a battery and just do the big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge wiring. Don't want to upgrade to a HO alternator if I don't have to considering how expensive they can get.

joeboxer5876 is offline Woof! Woof!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Would I need to upgrade battery, alternator, and/or do the big 3 upgrade for my s

you would probably be fine stock. if you have the money i would start with the big 3. i have a 98 s 10 with stock everything 110 amp alt and ac delco oem bat with 900 rms with no problems

Closed Thread

User Tag List