Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help Wiring LOC

JA.3 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help Wiring LOC

(First, I drive a 2003 Mazda Protege DX Sedan)

I need help with getting this Line Output Converter working. Just recently my car was broken into and they stole my Aftermarket stereo. I still had the factory head unit, so I did some research and found that this was what I needed to power my Amp & Sub. The guy in the audio department at Best Buy also pointed me in the direction of this LOC.

The LOC in question is this one right here:

It came with some basic installation information:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
    Connect IEC AULOC gray wire (+) and gray/black wire (-) to the right speaker output of the source unit. Connect IEC AULOC white wire (+) white/black (-) to the left speaker output of the source unit. If there is only one stereo minus, connect both IECAULOC minus wires to it. The RCA jacks are the output for the IEC AULOC. Adjust control pots for desired output. The brown wires are not usually used. The brown ground wires are to be used if no sound is audible on both channels. Attach the brown wires to the source unit’s ground.
    I've been searching all day for a better guide, but didn't find anything definitive. However I felt like I got the basic gist of it down after reading other threads with similar problems. So I went at it head on. I wired it all up, but the sub doesn't seem to be kicking. The speakers have appeared to amplify a little bit, but nothing out of my system.

I wired the Gray wires to the right side of my REAR speakers (Green) and wired the White wires to the left side of my REAR speakers (Brown).

They all seem to still be working.. So I assume I didn't miss anything there..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, this is my first attempt at doing any car audio work on my car.. So go easy on me =]

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help Wiring LOC

It varies as per LOC.
    BUt you should've gotten a paper in your thing that explains what goes to what.
    Then just Google "Radio Harness for <insert your car with year>" and it'll come up with a diagram that will tell you which wires do what. Then just hook it up, solder it, wrap it (or whatever you use to connect wires) and fin.

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's the thing though. I've read all the diagrams & hooked it all up and reached my finish point.. But I got nothing =/

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay well I went back and I found that I had the Positive/Negative wires on the left speaker reversed.. I switched em out.. But still no dice.

I found another wire other than the two RCA cables behind the head unit. Not quite sure what that wire is for as I didn't do the original amp wiring.. Any ideas? Maybe that is what's preventing this from working? it's just a thin blue speaker wire w/ a silver tip that looks like it was just combining another wire to it. Was going to take a picture of it, but it's too dark out right now.

Atimm693 is offline Shadetree Mechanic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like a remote turn on for your amp. It will not turn on with that unhooked.

Hook it up to the +12v switched or ACC wire that you radio uses. It will be solid red on the HU harness, not sure on the car. If you have a multimeter or test light, test the wire for current when the key is on and off. It should have no current when key is off, and should when put on.

1994 Toyota Camry
    Pioneer DEHP6400BT
    Rockford Fosgate 1050S
    12" DD 3512C
    2.5 cuft, 35hz
    1050wrms@4ohms

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got a better look at that wire today.. It says "Power Antenna" on the side of it..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome.. Thanks!

I hooked that wire up to the 12v switched & it worked like a charm..

Closed Thread