Closed Thread

Reload Thread: no sound out of front two speakers...

alexofak is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no sound out of front two speakers...

but only when playing cd's.

So i went ahead and slapped a new deck into my truck the other day, listened to a cd and my sub and rear speakers were not working. I figured it was a connection i fudged or something i would deal with later when the dash was apart again. then i turn on the radio and everything kicks in; the sub and the rear speakers. i figure it is not a wiring issue. the deck is fairly old and has been in a shop for a few years, its a panasonic cq-c8100u.

I searched but all i found were people who had the fade or balance all to one side or had wired it improperly. I know the fade and balance is all set properly, and i dont think it is a wiring issue. any input would help, thanks.

loopkiller is offline PERMA-BANED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: no sound out of front two speakers...

You have your amp remote turn on wire attached to the antenna power wire on the HU. They are both blue, but one usually has a white stripe. Use the other blue wire for the remote turn on and it will work with CDs.

oldschool4me is offline Premium Member oldschool4me is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopkiller View Post
    You have your amp remote turn on wire attached to the antenna power wire on the HU. They are both blue, but one usually has a white stripe. Use the other blue wire for the remote turn on and it will work with CDs.
    that would be my first guess too. try this op.

REF's: Revrider1, Kevinn, darkhunter139, 2002XLT,
    lax916, bad @ss chevy, dropped_mazda, integra88, CRXBMPN, 88irocZ, the franchise, SlainNothing, pootie, khmer rouge, NewAgeKing, thegreatestpenn, oneill584, headless, scoob8000, Blados,ProjectPechkin, Krackerjack, CrownVicon24's, Louisiana_CRX, go_go_thrash, IonSQL, PBateman, ericoutdoorguy, Flomaster, B-roc, RetroAudioinc, ampjunkielikeme, bur1196, integra2468, illbmeubu, j3bus2k3, wgsj_fortvalley, l7runner, Fast1one, +many more
    Ref thread:
    http://caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/286493-oldschool4me-feedback-thread.html
    R.I.P Taylor Lampart (NewAgeKing) 5/13/1988 - 1/24/2010

alexofak is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so, just to be clear the head has a blue wire and blue/white wire. should I put both wires from the head into the antennae wire and join all three or severe the current connection: blue(truck) to blue(head) and replace with blue(truck) to blue/white(head)? let me know if any of this is unclear and i will try to rephrase. thanks again.

loopkiller is offline PERMA-BANED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What type of car is this? Are you using a wiring harness or did you just cut the factory wires? Here is a link to a page with the color codes for different vehicles.

Closed Thread