Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Installing system into friend's eclipse...

Redford is offline I get angry when Im sober

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help Installing system into friend's '03 Eclipse...

My friend has a brand new eclipse with premium sound system. I am going to be installing my system into his car soon. Do any of you know if the stock system has RCA outputs or will I have to splice the speaker wires and using the high level speaker inputs on my amp? Also, where should I run the power wire in the car? I know I can hide it in the trim once I get it past the fire wall, but are there any holes that are easy to use or will I have to drill my own?
    Last edited by Redford; 08-15-2003 at 01:13 AM.

1995 Camry LE 4 Cylinder Automatic Sedan
    Green Silver Pearl Metallic Clearcoat and/or Silverleaf Metallic
    No performance mods
    Clear bumper lights
    Clarion DXZ835MP
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.53 in doors and Q-Logic kicks
    Polk/Momo 4 channel amp

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help Installing system into friend's '03 Eclipse...

Quote Originally Posted by Redford
    1. Do any of you know if the stock system has RCA outputs or will I have to splice the speaker wires and using the high level speaker inputs on my amp?
    2. Also, where should I run the power wire in the car?
    3. I know I can hide it in the trim once I get it past the fire wall, but are there any holes that are easy to use or will I have to drill my own?

1. might have just one RCA output, so if that's the case u need to get a Line Output Converter (LOC), basically converts 1 RCA out into 2 RCA. If yuo change the HU to an aftermarket no need for these.
    check out installdr.com it might say in there if u dont wanna open up the car before hand.

2. whichever side is closer to th batt, in mine is in the right side, so i just run the power all the way in the right side. run the RCA cables on the opposite sides "helps" to get rid of static/noise, but doens't happen every time u run them next to each other.

3. there should be some holes in the firewalls covered by a grommet. run the power wire thru there.

Eclipse CD5444
    Momo MM6
    Arc Audio CXL-2100
    1 12'' RE HC
    Memphis MC-1000D

www.angelfire.com/falcon/matador updated 5/02/03
    matador@caraudio.com

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help Installing system into friend's '03 Eclipse...

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    1. might have just one RCA output, so if that's the case u need to get a Line Output Converter (LOC), basically converts 1 RCA out into 2 RCA. If yuo change the HU to an aftermarket no need for these.
    check out installdr.com it might say in there if u dont wanna open up the car before hand.

2. whichever side is closer to th batt, in mine is in the right side, so i just run the power all the way in the right side. run the RCA cables on the opposite sides "helps" to get rid of static/noise, but doens't happen every time u run them next to each other.

3. there should be some holes in the firewalls covered by a grommet. run the power wire thru there.
    actually, what an LOC does is takes your full range speaker outputs and converts them to a low level signal, and delivers that signal through an rca. if you already have rca's you have no use at all for a LOC. they are designed mainly for people using stock head units. anyway, so what you have to do is just wire it up to your speakers, usually the rear ones because of easy acess. wire it up the same way you would wire up a speaker, just splice into the wire.

Closed Thread