Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 4 speakers on a 2 channel amp

fooch is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 speakers on a 2 channel amp

Ok so I have a Cadence TXA-3002 and Image Dynamics CTX57(75 rms) and Image Dynamics CTX65CS(100 rms).
    I'm going to wire the speakers to a 2 ohm load, how much power will each speaker be getting if the amp is rated at 2 Ohm RMS Power: 2 x 300 Watts? Will the speakers be over powered?
    Also I have this wiring kit http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDe...prodID=KFX-AK4 is this fine?

The thing is I have to put the components in the back because the depth is too big for the front doors. So is it really better to just power the front speakers off the amp and wire the rear directly to the HU?
    Last edited by fooch; 01-12-2009 at 05:08 PM.

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 4 speakers on a 2 channel amp

I wouldn't.
    But that's me. I<3SQ.

Lower resistances give out a higher distortion level. Higher = Better for quality.

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

i run a p200.2 on my front and rears all left to the left channel all the right to the right channel for a total ohm load of 4ohms on the amp each speaker is good fr 60wrms so I put out about 130wrms at a 2ohm load per channel so each speaker is getting about 5wrms more than it should but it's fine. In your case each speaker will want another 25wrms but should still sound good and you will not be able to drive distortion up high enough on that high of an ohm load to hear a difference good luck

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    I<3SQ.

Lower resistances give out a higher distortion level. Higher = Better for quality.

You're an idiot.

qkassidyw is offline MECP Master Certified

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goingdef View Post
    i run a p200.2 on my front and rears all left to the left channel all the right to the right channel for a total ohm load of 4ohms on the amp each speaker is good fr 60wrms so I put out about 130wrms at a 2ohm load per channel so each speaker is getting about 5wrms more than it should but it's fine. In your case each speaker will want another 25wrms but should still sound good and you will not be able to drive distortion up high enough on that high of an ohm load to hear a difference good luck
    Wow...

The only period was in the model number of your amp.

As to the OP; your amp doesnt seem like it will be able to power both sets adequetly. Run the fronts off of the 2-Channel and leave the rears hooked up to the deck. You will get much better sound this way because rears are for SUCKAS! (well, not suckas, just for people sitting in the back...unless those peopel are suckas...)

07 F150 Extended Cab FX2 Sport
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U - And that's about it...

dewey79 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have done it before, but I learned that you can get way more sound and better sound quality out of a good pair of component speakers running on a good amp than running four speakers.

If you still want to play all four speaker, I would suggest another amp. I don't care for 4 channel amps. I prefer powerful 2 channel full range amps to power component speakers.

Bottom line, you can do it, but I don't recommend it, your amp will get very hot and you might be doing both your amp and speakers a disservice

shaneb is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    I wouldn't.
    But that's me. I<3SQ.

The only possible room for lessened "sq" would be damping factor. But no one would be able to tell the difference.

Sold To: L22rules; jeffrey1970; PABowhunter4life; allout13; atsaubrey; horsemanwill
    Bought From: brentbarrie; wgsj_fortvalley; horsemanwill; jaredspl; atsaubrey

Reference Thread - http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365202
    Engine Whine Free Since 11.26.08

Team Mafia "Killing the competition with silence"

dewey79 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just emphasizing what I said, you power two good speakers right, it will fill your whole car with sound. After I broke my kappas in, I couldn't tell that I didn't have speakers in the rear. Rear speakers are only needed when you don' have an amplifier, as a result, your speakers project a much smaller sound stage that does not fill the car.

Back in the day, I heard some sony mobile es component speakers made out of aluminum like the infinity perfects, and I this guy put an amp on each one, it was the loudest, clearest thing I had ever heard in my life. On top of that, it had base that made it sound like subwoofers were in the car.

Closed Thread