Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bridging MTX Blue Thunder PRO 50x4

Ive got the amp in the title. Im no longer using my rear speakers as they are faded all the way out, and with the new, much louder substage I have Id like to throw more power at my front speakers.

I have searched, and it seems bridging wiring methods are amp specific, so I dont want to fawk anything up, and the manual is long gone.

So, could anyone show/tell me what the pattern here would be? And finally, I do not want to take apart the dash to get to HU RCAs, am I correct in assuming I can do this all at the amp end of things?

just post them here somebody... teh mods don't care anymore... I just saw a tranny get fawked in somebody's avatar, it even has a swinging kek and happy face on it. The ole' lady thinks I'm crazy for coming here now after she saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    check in was a term we used in prison for rats and b!tches that ran their mouths and when it was time to man up they would CHECK IN to PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. pretty much what would happen to 80% of you clowns on this forum that run your mouths instead of help.

shaneb is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bridging MTX Blue Thunder PRO 50x4

Okay, basically if a amp is stable at 2 ohms per channel, it should be 4ohm stable bridged.
    So if all 4 channels are capable of taking a 2 ohm load. You can bridge it to two chanels at 4 ohms.
    I don't know if that amp is stable at that ohm load.
    For a wiring diagram. Typically, when bridging amps, you would take a negative from one channel and a positive from the other. As far as doing it all on the amp end, simply take your front 2channel RCA's and go pick up some Y-splitters from radio shack, and do it that way. That way you get a stereo output.
    You might Email or call MTX's tech department and ask them.
    This is a write up on bridging amps by ZED, he knows his stuff. Probably as much or more than anyone I've read. http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/Technica...Amplifiers.htm

Sold To: L22rules; jeffrey1970; PABowhunter4life; allout13; atsaubrey; horsemanwill
    Bought From: brentbarrie; wgsj_fortvalley; horsemanwill; jaredspl; atsaubrey

Reference Thread - http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365202
    Engine Whine Free Since 11.26.08

Team Mafia "Killing the competition with silence"

Zip_Loc is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shaneb View Post
    Okay, basically if a amp is stable at 2 ohms per channel, it should be 4ohm stable bridged.
    So if all 4 channels are capable of taking a 2 ohm load. You can bridge it to two chanels at 4 ohms.
    I don't know if that amp is stable at that ohm load.
    For a wiring diagram. Typically, when bridging amps, you would take a negative from one channel and a positive from the other. As far as doing it all on the amp end, simply take your front 2channel RCA's and go pick up some Y-splitters from radio shack, and do it that way. That way you get a stereo output.
    You might Email or call MTX's tech department and ask them.
    This is a write up on bridging amps by ZED, he knows his stuff. Probably as much or more than anyone I've read. http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/Technica...Amplifiers.htm
    Alright thanks for the help. Yep its a pretty old school amp, is stable at 2 ohms and at 4 ohms bridges, I just wasnt sure how to go about it. The amp also has seperate gains and crossovers for front and rear channels, so what should I do with these?

just post them here somebody... teh mods don't care anymore... I just saw a tranny get fawked in somebody's avatar, it even has a swinging kek and happy face on it. The ole' lady thinks I'm crazy for coming here now after she saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    check in was a term we used in prison for rats and b!tches that ran their mouths and when it was time to man up they would CHECK IN to PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. pretty much what would happen to 80% of you clowns on this forum that run your mouths instead of help.

loopkiller is offline PERMA-BANED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am still running an MTX Blue Thunder Pro 3002

Horsemanwill is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zip_Loc View Post
    Alright thanks for the help. Yep its a pretty old school amp, is stable at 2 ohms and at 4 ohms bridges, I just wasnt sure how to go about it. The amp also has seperate gains and crossovers for front and rear channels, so what should I do with these?
    set them at the same thing. especially if your running a passive setup.

Pioneer Carrozzeria DEH P01
    Tru SB6
    Silver Flute W17RC38-08 6-1/2" Wool Cone
    Tru Steel S25
    ES Full body horns soon to come
    2x JBL W12GTI

Closed Thread

User Tag List