So I'm completely and totally new to car stereo stuff (never done anything before), but I just bought a new (used) car and figure I'll get a decent system in there...needless to say I have lots of questions, but I'll try and keep 'em short:
1) The main thing I want is a hard drive system, but I'm on a very tight budget. So the best deal I found was to get a 20GB Kenwood Keg off eBay. The only thing I can think of that isn't good about 'em is that you couldn't rip your CDs in your car (as compared to other hard drive systems). Is this right? are there any other negative things about the Kegs? What is the general concensus on these?
2) I'm actually not gonna buy the keg until later though (I don't have enough $ right now). So for now I'm just gonna get a head unit....I need a Kenwood head unit to work w/ the keg right? My only requirements are that it has mp3 playback, and a rotary knob.....and I'd prefer a flip down face if possible. I was looking at the MP522 and the MPV6022 off eBay...any comments?
3) Is there anywhere I can find a basic guide on how I would go about getting my old stereo out of there, putting this one in and putting the keg in? I have a '94 camry...is that gonna be difficult? If I order the head unit off of eBay am I gonna need to buy an aditional installation kit or anything like that? I'm not too worried about wiring and such...my main concern is how to get the old stereo out of there, and how I'd mount the keg.
I included a picture so here's some questions concerning that:
1) What the heck are that toggle switch and that little red light for? The light never goes on, and the togggle switch doesn't do anything. The car doesn't appear to have an alarm or anything....an ideas what the heck these are?
2) The second picture is up in the corner of my dash board...any idea what that thing is?
3) This is kinda off topic...but just below my window on the outside the rubber is all torn up (as you can see)....can I get a part to replace this or what should I do?
Sorry for the length of my post, and for the total ignorance of my questions.....thanks for advance to anybody who can answer any of these....I REALLY appreciate it!!!