Reload Thread: installing alpine 9815 in '00 altima....help

Musto is offline Alpine+eD = kick ***

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

installing alpine 9815 in '00 altima....help

hey,
    do i need anything else to install my headunit, besides the head unit itself? and how do i install this? do i just take off the wires and try to figure out where they go?

Head unit: Alpine 9815
    Fronts: Alpine Type R components
    Rear: Alpine type R 2-way 6.5's
    Amp for front: JBL 80.4 bridged to front only
    Amp for rear: JBL 80.4 bridged to rear only

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To make life easier, get a vehicle specific wiring harness. Watch the prices, they are usually around five bucks ... some local shops may try and sell you one at their 105% mark-up. It plugs into your factory harness, and then wires straight up to your head unit's harness. Plug and play, and a lot easier than cutting your factory harness off.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item...03B&vq_id=none

You will also need a trim ring, or 'installation kit'. Again, fairly cheap ... usually less than ten bucks, so watch the price. This fits around the head unit and fills in the gap.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item...55B&vq_id=none

Hope it helped.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Musto is offline Alpine+eD = kick ***

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ss3079
    To make life easier, get a vehicle specific wiring harness. Watch the prices, they are usually around five bucks ... some local shops may try and sell you one at their 105% mark-up. It plugs into your factory harness, and then wires straight up to your head unit's harness. Plug and play, and a lot easier than cutting your factory harness off.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item...03B&vq_id=none

You will also need a trim ring, or 'installation kit'. Again, fairly cheap ... usually less than ten bucks, so watch the price. This fits around the head unit and fills in the gap.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item...55B&vq_id=none

Hope it helped.

- Steve

thanks alot man, you kick ***

Head unit: Alpine 9815
    Fronts: Alpine Type R components
    Rear: Alpine type R 2-way 6.5's
    Amp for front: JBL 80.4 bridged to front only
    Amp for rear: JBL 80.4 bridged to rear only

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musto
    thanks alot man, you kick ***
    If you run into any problems or have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

That's a great head unit you purchased - you should be very pleased with it.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

trentsteel is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: installing alpine 9815 in '00 altima....help

ok i had mine just installed at circuit city... in the crutch field magazine it said i needed a 10 amp gauge wire to run to the battery but the guy at circuit city installed it with whatever it came with???

btw.... optima red or yellow top battery

Redford is offline I get angry when Im sober

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

at circuit city they use harnesses that go from your car specific harness to universal and then another harness that goes from universal to your brand specific (but since its a 9815 theres a special harness for that since its more powerful, but im not sure if it has the 10 guage wire or whatever).

and trentsteel get a yellow top theyre made for sound systems... red tops are made for more cranking power.

1995 Camry LE 4 Cylinder Automatic Sedan
    Green Silver Pearl Metallic Clearcoat and/or Silverleaf Metallic
    No performance mods
    Clear bumper lights
    Clarion DXZ835MP
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.53 in doors and Q-Logic kicks
    Polk/Momo 4 channel amp

desi_daru is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trentsteel
    ok i had mine just installed at circuit city... in the crutch field magazine it said i needed a 10 amp gauge wire to run to the battery but the guy at circuit city installed it with whatever it came with???

not to be mean or anything, but jus start a new thread if u have a question rather than steal the focus from the thread starter

Car - 04' Honda Civic Si, silver

Deck - Clarion ProAudio DXZ835MP
    Fronts - Alpine Type-R SPR-136A (5.25" comps w/ 1" tweet)
    Speaker Amp - MTX Thunder404
    Sub - 1x Rockford Fosgate RFP3412 ported box
    Sub Amp - Rockford Fosgate Punch 150S
    Wiring - power/ground 4guage, speaker 16guage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trentsteel

I know many people who don't use the 10 gauge wire and are fine ... including me - mind you, I don't use the internal amp. It's no biggie in my opinion, but if you have 5 minutes sometime and want to run 10 gauge, go ahead.

Whats the purpose of the battery and where will it be placed ?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

skimo is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely run the 10 guage wire direct to the battery if you are going to use the internal amp. If not, just use the factory wiring harness.

I had my 9813 (same internal amp) installed by my Alpine dealer. They hooked it up to the "direct battery" wire on the factory harness. It made my SPX components sound like crap. Once I realized what they'd done I asked them to run a wire direct to the battery per instructions. I finally called Alpine and talked to one of their engineers who validated the need for the 10 guage wire.

My installer was blown away by the difference it made. 100% improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skimo
    It made my SPX components sound like crap. .
    If you're running your components off of your head unit still (sorry if I understood you wrong, but thats what I got), try a little amp on them ... then you'll notice a major improvement .

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That was an interim solution. I'm in process of installing an MRV-F540. Now I'll run the rears off the deck amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That was an interim solution. I'm in process of installing an MRV-F540. Now I'll run the rears off the deck amp.
    Awesome, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but how did your components sound off of the "beefier" internal amp of the 9813 ? Would you call it reasonable to do so until one could purchase an external amp ?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely. It was a good standby until I got an external amp. Even with these relatively hungry components. At reasonable volumes they sounded great. They did start to distort when it got loud...and the bass definitely needed a little more power. But most friends who listened to them were really impressed even without an amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely. It was a good standby until I got an external amp. Even with these relatively hungry components. At reasonable volumes they sounded great. They did start to distort when it got loud...and the bass definitely needed a little more power. But most friends who listened to them were really impressed even without an amp.
    Thanks, the answer I was looking for.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Closed Thread