Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

5 channel amp with factory deck

I want to install a 5 channel amp with my factory deck and I was told today that I cannot use line output converters because the signal would be terrible and i would have no control over fade/bass/etc. He said even good ones like Soundgate would still have pops and noise and would be a messy installation with a 5 channel amp. Is this all true? Is there anything I can do about this?

If it matters its in a 2002 regular cab silverado. Its the Alpine MRV-F450 amp. I will most likely be installing an ed 10k and cdt cl-61's also.

duginnz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

converters

speaker to rca level adaptors do have their draw backs, but what are the alternatives? the pops are usually only heard when you turn it on and off, and a good quality adaptor should give no alternator noise (or whining/whistling noise), and this may be enough to get the amp in your car and working until you can afford to buy a real stereo........
    if you get two strereo adaptors, you will still have fade and balance control, and he was bullshitting about the bass control.

doug in new zealand

Closed Thread

User Tag List